Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Or Ocean

I’ve had both...
Loved the Beach, when it was just the two of us.
Now there’s us two plus 1, the Ocean has been the better one to have...

Looking back, I wish I had moved across sooner.
As for 4motion. I’ve never needed it, but would spec it on my next van.
It’s only a few grand extra and with the power from the 204 I think it should come as standard...
I’m surprised, I thought with a 2 plus one it would of been ocean to beach, iv got 2 little ones and own a beach and I always say if it was us two we would get an ocean!

I’m surprised, I thought with a 2 plus one it would of been ocean to beach, iv got 2 little ones and own a beach and I always say if it was us two we would get an ocean!

When it was just the two of us.
We didn’t worry about meal times. We ate whenever and spent a lot of time in cafes and restaurants.
Once the child turned up. We needed to eat at specific times and routine was key to keeping him happy.
Being able to cook easily and conveniently was the Oceans plus point.

I had been put off buying the Ocean because I’ve owned self build vans with the kitchen down one side and found it awkward.
The Ocean has a lot of tricks up its sleeves which actually helps keep you more organised.
The top load fridge, the size of the units and how much storage it offers wins over anything else I’ve come across on the conversion scene.

I couldn’t go back to the Beach now. I’m not saying it wasn’t good. It was great.
But the Ocean made us re-think how we camp and actually made the entire process much easier.

I should add.
I hate, detest can’t stand awnings...
We are completely self contained in our Ocean and can spend weeks on the road, with nothing other than the van. No extras required :thumb

Last edited:
Had 204ps 4Motion Ocean manual and now 150ps DSG Beach. I like the lighter drive with the lower weight and the DSG is great. Also it’s 3 seater beach with comfort mattress gives us a huge downstairs bed. Waiting for delivery of small kitchen module , largely to house Dometic CF35 fridge.

What module do you have on order?

Had 204ps 4Motion Ocean manual and now 150ps DSG Beach. I like the lighter drive with the lower weight and the DSG is great. Also it’s 3 seater beach with comfort mattress gives us a huge downstairs bed. Waiting for delivery of small kitchen module , largely to house Dometic CF35 fridge.
We have that fridge, Love it. When travelling it’s located between rear of passenger seat & storage box. Depending on where & how long we are parked up for we move it to various spots.

No I didn’t but got from the club shop a pump up 10L power spray which I am thinking might also be useful as a shower ! Do you like your Oslo ? I researched the subject to death and had numerous emails with Vanessa-mobilcamping and they were very helpful.

No I didn’t but got from the club shop a pump up 10L power spray which I am thinking might also be useful as a shower ! Do you like your Oslo ? I researched the subject to death and had numerous emails with Vanessa-mobilcamping and they were very helpful.
It's a very clever design. The heat guard for the cooker rattles when driving so I take it off but put it back when cooking as you will melt the washing up bowl as I had to buy a replacement. In order to plug in your fridge you have to remove the larger of the two draws by pressing on the orange tabs underneath.IMG_20200420_112537.jpg

That could be a lockdown challenge, making you Cali float...…...

Back