Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach specs

As far as I'm aware they are both the same material, though the newer models have a different style of material.
I didn't notice a difference between my se and beach. As for waterproofing there is aways limitations to how good they are. When we've been in torrential rain we had the topper on, this kept it nice and cosy, stopped the wind forcing the rain through.

Thanks again. All really helpful.

Is the pop top canvas on the Beach waterproof? I’m sure I read somewhere ages ago that it was on the Ocean but not on the Beach.
That depends on what you mean by waterproof. I'm now on T6 Beach number 2 and have never experienced any issues with water ingress.......but others have. I think it is fair to say that it's rare but those other owners have found that if the wind and rain were strong enough water can to find it's way inside. A Brandrup Isotop internal liner or an external topper will sort that out.

Thanks again. All really helpful.

Is the pop top canvas on the Beach waterproof? I’m sure I read somewhere ages ago that it was on the Ocean but not on the Beach.

Yes it’s waterproof. We’ve been in heavy sideways rain for consecutive days and the canvas is waterproof on our beach. It barely absorbs any water. Water did eventually find a way in when it was blown into the air ventilation holes at the top. Wasn’t a major issue to be honest, and that was the worst rain I’ve ever camped in but I’m considering getting the isotop when I can bring myself to part with the cash! When windy it does feel a bit exposed up there on the top compared to downstairs. Isotop would solve that or another type of topper. I just like the idea of fit and forget of the isotop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it’s waterproof. We’ve been in heavy sideways rain for consecutive days and the canvas is waterproof on our beach. It barely absorbs any water. Water did eventually find a way in when it was blown into the air ventilation holes at the top. Wasn’t a major issue to be honest, and that was the worst rain I’ve ever camped in but I’m considering getting the isotop when I can bring myself to part with the cash! When windy it does feel a bit exposed up there on the top compared to downstairs. Isotop would solve that or another type of topper. I just like the idea of fit and forget of the isotop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fit the Isotop you won’t regret it even though it’s ridiculously expensive

Back