Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yasssss this Saturday!

M

MrsDarcy

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hiya

So although we are a few months off actually ordering a Cali - we are going to check a few out and discuss our options - this Saturday!
We know for sure a beach is for us - and a two seater bench. Possibly opting for candy white (which is free?) but tinted windows, heater, electric hook up, sat nav, seat covers, mattress toper and awning. Hubby also what's swish wheels and mudflaps.

Any tips on must haves for extras, any avoids, recommendations?

MrsD x

Parking heater is a must for me.
It’s a wonder why so few don’t have this option; the ones that do are highly sort after as they’re few and far between, particularly with ex-Demos unless you’re willing to pay in excess of £45K.

Depends what your priorities are!

Agreed with the parking heater option, it’s a must for me too & is definitely hard to find on a used one, surprisingly! Other must haves -

Privacy glass - for getting changed
Comfort mattress - if you’re going for the 3 seater, as the bench is more sculpted than the 2 seater so less comfortable without some kind of topper - also it’s half retail price as an option
Cruise control - ideally ACC
Parking sensors - don’t really need the camera as visibility is good with the Beach
Composition media - music lover!
Awning

Not essential but probably worth it :

Exterior pack
Interior comfort lighting
Lights & vision pack
Folding mirrors (so don’t get knocked off)

Just for the luxury :

Comfort dash sprayed in body colour
Power latching tailgate & slide door
You can buy nice wheels aftermarket & save yourself £500+

Go for 9% discount & good luck!

We've had our 2 seat bench, candy white Beach for 18 months now. Personally I like to keep options to a minimum, mostly because of cost but I like simplicity too.

Went for:
DSG
Towbar
Awning
Privacy glass
Parking heater
App connect
Cruise control
Parking sensors
Comfort lighting

We could maybe do without parking sensors and comfort lighting.

Maybe 3 zone a/c would have been nice but we had no complaints from the back when driving to Poland in 30° + . Possibly a headlight upgrade (not LEDs though) but unlike most I don't have a real issue with the standard lights.

We were lucky with the wheels. Upgrades are expensive when added as an option. Our dealer had some black cascavelles in stock and he swapped them over for a lot leas.

Good luck

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

For me the must have items are:

Parking Heater: If you are ordering I would also go for a parking heater, they are relatively easy to retrofit but you can' t beat a factory fit. The cost is kind of similar maybe slightly higher for the factory but not much (or it was).

Privacy Glass: Again you can cheaply get them tinted after but its not the same. :)

Parking sensors: I know many dont like feel the need but they give me peace of mind. If you arent used to a squarer/larger vehicle they are a good thing to have.

Cruise control

The Beach does have electric hook up, I would go for the heater as like others but I would not get the Sat Nav but get App connect instead and the money saved put towards the wheels

Back