Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Variation

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
This is a kind of open post and firstly this is not meant to belittle other sections of the forum, nor is about grabbing limelight or crticising the forum itself, this is a well put together forum with great advice and some great people.

Which is why it seems odd that The Beach has been moved to a section called 'Variations'. At the risk of sounding prissy and snobby, and apologies if i do, the Beach is more of a model in its own right than a Berg for example.

If you do a google search, it doesn't come up in this forum. One great advantage of this forum is advice and knowledge. Ignoring many of my posts under the Beach section there are actually many great posts and possibly the only buyers and information guide for the VW Beach on the uk net. What the Beach owners have contributed has made it an excellent resource.

There is more collective information on the Beach here than VW UK provide :)

The VW California Beach, it's a separate model built up from a completely different van and aside from the obvious, it's different in many many ways.

The variations section just doesn't do it justice and it feels tucked away. In fairness in all the vehicles in the variation section feel a bit tucked away.

If people feel I am talking out of term, or if they feel that this isn't relevant, that's fine. I feel debate and discussion are important.

James

Point taken James I will see what I can do :thumb :thumb

I hear you James ... Your right the beach is a model of Cali not a name of a variation ..my berg is an edition ,so still a Cali variation not a model of Cali

Hi James your point has been noted we will need to wait until we have a software update on the forum then we can look at giving the beach it own section please bear with :thumb :thumb

I realise what you are saying James, its just we did not want the forum being too long with too many categories. Maybe we can change the name from variation to something else?

Martin said:
I realise what you are saying James, its just we did not want the forum being too long with too many categories. Maybe we can change the name from variation to something else?

Martin

There isn't so much activity on the Beach Topics now, as we've all got fairly used to our Beaches. So I think if it sits somewhere else it shouldn't over run the forum.

I don't know really how the forum works and you're right, the Beach topics should not dominate. Could we not just go back to having a Beach section?

Something like.

Forum - then...

VW California
VW California Beach
VW T4 Westfalia California

Like forums within forums.

Appreciate the reply though :) If I;ve just missed something I apologise

Appearing on a google search would seem a must, more members, and it would be good for the T4ers. We need a 50% increase at the next meet in Beaches, so I can have a friend lol.

Cheers

James

choplee said:
I hear you James ... Your right the beach is a model of Cali not a name of a variation ..my berg is an edition ,so still a Cali variation not a model of Cali

Lee

There is an idea that the Beach is a Cali with the Kitchen removed and yes, obviously it doesn't have the kitchen units built in. But it's more than that - remember the New Forest meet when we were comparing the Beach side by side lol. There are so many differences between the two.

VW market the Beach in a very different way to the California, it just happens to sit under their camper banner, as the Caddy Tramper will if they import (hopefully).

Cheers for the reply - I would like to say, I don't like being a pain in the arse but you know I do but on this occasion I really don't want to be.

James

It is always good to get feedback on the forum layout James as we want to make it easy to use for everyone, also any new sub categories people want added please let us know because the forum is growing rapidly and we want to make content easier for people to find as many topics do end up in 'general Cali Chat'

It is very strange why Beach does not show up on Google for us, as we are now virtually top of page one for 'vw california' and various other search terms, so this is obviously something I need to work on to get more Beach users here.

Leave this with me.

But it's more than that - remember the New Forest meet when we were comparing the Beach side by side lol. There are so many differences between the two.

James[/quote]

You could elaborate for the non initiated ones like me.... :hello

1. It hasn't got a kitchen. :lol:

pagoda said:
But it's more than that - remember the New Forest meet when we were comparing the Beach side by side lol. There are so many differences between the two.

James

You could elaborate for the non initiated ones like me.... :hello[/quote]

It wasn't major things - it was just notable the California is based on high end Multivans (Caravelles in the UK) whereas the Beach is based more on a van. It just gives you an insight into how VW perceive the Beach.

It's much easier when comparing LHD vehicles - different dash etc.

Thank you for the feedback and replies it is much appreciated - i think what you've done with the forum looks great :thanks

James

Freeley said:

No Freely - you're wrong there - it's the same kitchen as the full Cali - the one you buy off the internet and use outside the van :rofl

Go on, go on, tell me that you always cook in yours :)

Breathtaking holiday snaps :cool

James

The only time I do not use the built-in cooker is when I use the Cobb. Always no, mostly yes, even for the kettle.

Not always!
The first year of ownership the only time we lit the stove was to boil the kettle and even then i used to worry about the steam :rofl
We gradually started using it from then on though, when we were on our hols recently we used it most nights so there!
We did use our campingaz stove for boiling the rice though, still a bit worried about the steam :doh
I draw the line at cooking anything smelly though like bacon, that is always cooked outside.

I see they've given you your beach section already James, that should stop the moaning for a while :thumb

Freeley said:
Not always!
The first year of ownership the only time we lit the stove was to boil the kettle and even then i used to worry about the steam :rofl
We gradually started using it from then on though, when we were on our hols recently we used it most nights so there!
We did use our campingaz stove for boiling the rice though, still a bit worried about the steam :doh
I draw the line at cooking anything smelly though like bacon, that is always cooked outside.

I see they've given you your beach section already James, that should stop the moaning for a while :thumb

lol - yeah yeah I'll stop moaning ;)

Lots of benefits for the T4ers as well - a good chance to swap ideas pics etc :)

Custard said:
Freeley said:

Breathtaking holiday snaps :cool

James

Cheers mate, i'm not very good with a camera as a rule and i took these with my phone so they're not exactly pin sharp but i was quite pleased with them.

So that's what the metal thing is under the glass worktop :rofl :rofl

Custard said:
Martin said:

Martin

There isn't so much activity on the Beach Topics now, as we've all got fairly used to our Beaches. So I think if it sits somewhere else it shouldn't over run the forum.

I don't know really how the forum works and you're right, the Beach topics should not dominate. Could we not just go back to having a Beach section?

Something like.

Forum - then...

VW California
VW California Beach
VW T4 Westfalia California

Like forums within forums.

Appreciate the reply though :) If I;ve just missed something I apologise

Appearing on a google search would seem a must, more members, and it would be good for the T4ers. We need a 50% increase at the next meet in Beaches, so I can have a friend lol.

Cheers

James

No you are right James T4 westfalia's are appearing on a google search linked to the forum ,but the california beach isn't...I'm sure the crew can get that sorted... :sad

i must admit the beach section did work well ,as i used to use it and post as it's still a cali ,but being out on it's own i'd probably not look in as much ... :doh

Cheers Lee

It would be good to promote the Beach. It would be a shame if it ended up like the T4 RHD multivans - very few sold yet a great vehicle.

All the replies and change to the forum
Is much appreciated

James

I have made some changes so hopefully we will get higher up on Google for 'beach' search terms. I think the problem is when Google sees people typing in 'California' and 'beach' it assumes they are looking for a Beach in California ( as in sandy beach ) and obviously there are thousands of websites referring to this so we get lost in all the results. Maybe we need to ask VW to change the name :lol:

On a positive note we are top of Google for 'VW California Berghaus' and also "VW T4 California'

Martin said:
I have made some changes so hopefully we will get higher up on Google for 'beach' search terms. I think the problem is when Google sees people typing in 'California' and 'beach' it assumes they are looking for a Beach in California ( as in sandy beach ) and obviously there are thousands of websites referring to this so we get lost in all the results. Maybe we need to ask VW to change the name :lol:

On a positive note we are top of Google for 'VW California Berghaus' and also "VW T4 California'

Martin

That's a fair point and at least a VW Calfornia search will bring them to the forum

Isn't it called a T4 Westfalia California?

James

Custard said:
Isn't it called a T4 Westfalia California?

James

Yes it is, I missed that bit off :thumb , all these T4 boys now on here will help enlarge our future meets

Custard said:
Cheers Lee

It would be good to promote the Beach. It would be a shame if it ended up like the T4 RHD multivans - very few sold yet a great vehicle.

All the replies and change to the forum
Is much appreciated

James

trust me, you did promote the Beach..

Just purchased a Beach 140hp 4motion as follows:
- special edition "Travel", only for Switzerland, with small silver plaque on the side "Travel", limited to 100 cars

See catalogue here: http://imagepool.spruenglidruck.ch/page ... index.html

- sunny yellow
- steel wheels
- fog lights
- 7 seater
- auxiliary heater (webasto)
- multifunction steering wheel
- radio 310 with ipod cable
- xenon lights
- tempomat
- bluemotion technology (start and stop, etc)
- manual gearbox
- climatic with 2nd evaporator and heating
- 3 seats bench
- MFA plus

Will be delivered in 10 days.. :mrgreen:

That's a really interesting Beach. I find t I trig using looking at other countries options and models.

Could you post some pics when it arrives?

James

Back