Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bear lock

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
Came across this today and thought others might like to know,
http://bear-lock.co.uk
Round our way there have been a couple of campervan thefts so have been looking for additional security.
Having watched a youtube vid it looks to be a couple of hours fitting, if you're confident and hardly noticeable. It would probably baffle the thief to start with, as going back to basic security seems the way forward at the mo. The only down side is if you lose your keys..
I might enquire about cost of their fitting and try not to laugh when they tell me ;)

We have had it since we have our van. Was mandatory for our insurance.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Do you think it is worth fitting?
Do you always remember to unlock it before starting the engine?
Thinking it's better than fitting a steering wheel lock.

I contacted Bear Lock UK on 21st May - a month ago - got a reply saying:

Hello, the English version of the lock is in the test. I'll let you know when it's finished.

Richard

You should consider the Autowatch Ghost. Even if they have obtained your keys including your bearlock key they will not be able to start the vehicle.

You should consider the Autowatch Ghost. Even if they have obtained your keys including your bearlock key they will not be able to start the vehicle.

Do you have one of these fitted. I’m thinking about one

Anyone have the Bearlock and have any recent opinions on them? And prices?

Anyone have the Bearlock and have any recent opinions on them? And prices?
Hi,
We have one in our Cali T5.2 from the beginning, in 2013. It is very easy to use . Before you leave, just push (without key!)the bearlock in its “lock the gear” position . If you want to leave just put the baerlock key in it and turn it till the bearlock unlocks.
If you forget to unlock , no problem , you don't come far and you can not damage your car;)

As far as I know there are no VW California’s with a bearlock in locked position stolen in Germany ,where we live .

In the Netherlands it is compulsory for the camper insurance ( see post #2 Bart&Marga)

Costs in 2013 about 600€ incl.installation

Bart

Hi,
We have one in our Cali T5.2 from the beginning, in 2013. It is very easy to use . Before you leave, just push (without key!)the bearlock in its “lock the gear” position . If you want to leave just put the baerlock key in it and turn it till the bearlock unlocks.
If you forget to unlock , no problem , you don't come far and you can not damage your car;)

As far as I know there are no VW California’s with a bearlock in locked position stolen in Germany ,where we live .

In the Netherlands it is compulsory for the camper insurance ( see post #2 Bart&Marga)

Costs in 2013 about 600€ incl.installation

Bart
Thank you.

Pure stab in the dark here, does anyone know if there is a Bear-Lock fitter in Spain? I will be heading back to UK April/May if not and have one fitted there.