Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Security summary

Just got this little item from a link on the T5 forum in that other place.
Advertised for the T5 clutch. I have a DSG box. Fits on the Brake peddle. A little movement that allows the engine to start - you have to depress brake if you have the DSG box to start engine. BUT prevents engaging R or D so you cannot drive. Pretty hefty construction, good lock, awkward position to cut through so will help if keys not present.View attachment 11284View attachment 11285
Just FYI T6 (DSG?) owners, this doesn't fit on either the brake or accelerator pedals

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My advice is simple - buy a yellow one ............. its the least popular colour on the charts least likely to be nicked

ciao for now

My insurance will pay back 100% of the price I paid for my Cali plus 10% if it´s stolen in its first two years. I also installed a Bearlock but it´s the insurance that gives me peace of mind

My insurance will pay back 100% of the price I paid for my Cali plus 10% if it´s stolen in its first two years. I also installed a Bearlock but it´s the insurance that gives me peace of mind
Yes I think I will install the bear lock, just need to get to Holland at some point!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That´s where I installed it. Worth the trip, a very nice shop. But the prices are a bit on the steep side (maybe not so much for Dutch standards, I don´t know), at least comparing with the quotes people are getting in Germany for installing a Bearlock, around 100€ less.

A question to other Bearlock users: what do you think of the stickers? The manufacturer recommends sticking them to the front windows as a deterrent, but isn´t that warning potential thieves too? Like "be prepared to uninstall a Bearlock if you want to nick this one"

Or just install the stickers in the hope a thief might say "let's steal a different one as this one has a bearlock" ?

I think a hidden double pole switch with one pole to disconnect the solenoid for the DSG gear lever and the other to remove the power from the ODB port should cover it for me..

I think a hidden double pole switch with one pole to disconnect the solenoid for the DSG gear lever and the other to remove the power from the ODB port should cover it for me..
Like that solution as had a cut out in my old MK1 golf which I could then leave open with impunity to avoid damage caused on gaining entry. Not suggesting I would do that with the Cali and your idea a bit more sophisticated cut off. I presume a competent auto electrician should be able to do it.

Just check that the ECU is happy with that.

Just got this little item from a link on the T5 forum in that other place.
Advertised for the T5 clutch. I have a DSG box. Fits on the Brake peddle. A little movement that allows the engine to start - you have to depress brake if you have the DSG box to start engine. BUT prevents engaging R or D so you cannot drive. Pretty hefty construction, good lock, awkward position to cut through so will help if keys not present.View attachment 11284View attachment 11285
Thanks for the share WelshGas, got one too day, like you say,hefty and awkward