Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Berghaus Edition - So what do we know??

KernowLad said:
But the EGO suffers when the super outdoorsy version gets a flat or stuck in a damp campsite... ;-) :-D

It's going to be a bit of a culture shock for me too, my last three cars have been quattro.

Year before last when we had all that snow provided some great opportunities to demonstrate it's capabilities.

The neighbours watched attentively out of their windows as I climbed into my performance hatchback with low suspension and low profile tyres, surely muttering to themselves "he'll never get that thing out of here, we all got stuck he's bound to get stuck". The looks of shock when I simply drove away as I normally do without any hint of resistance were priceless.

TBH slightly more off road suitable tyres would probably help a lot!
I had a Golf R32 for a year which was good in snow despite also looking completely unsuitable.

Not driven the van in it yet but its been impressive in mud and on wet grass.

Fascinating.

We bought a new Cali that just happened to be the Berghaus; not because it was. The "camping" stuff isn't much use to us as we don't like sleeping bags; gloves don't fit me, hat doesn't fit me; we have several flasks; ditto for map cases etc. The bike rack is ace; the wheels look great; the awning is handy as are the mats/covers.
The two driving factors were price and pocketless shrouds!!

Great post Ken! I'm told people use the acronym "YOLO" these days - You Only Live Once!

I'd love to know how much discount people are getting off list price for the Berghaus? Second-hand prices from dealerships seem to be very strong for the Berghaus, and in some cases very near to list.

Harbourmaster said:
I'd love to know how much discount people are getting off list price for the Berghaus? Second-hand prices from dealerships seem to be very strong for the Berghaus, and in some cases very near to list.

I think residuals of both SE and Berghaus will be strong as long as supply is limited so long may it continue :rofl

IMHO the discount is largely about finding the right dealer who is either willing to do the deal or indeed 'needs' to do the deal. As I said above I'm fairly certain that due to the length of time these vans have been in the docks VW will have incentivised dealers to sell them.

Could people maybe disclose their discounts (and when they were given), so I can know what to expect?

I paid just over 44K for mine three weeks ago. List price for the Berghaus with options (Cruise control, vis pack B, privacy glass, MFSW, climatronic, safe box, parking sensors front and rear + Berghaus stuff of course) was a little over 50K on the road. So about 6K discount or 12%. I am not sure if that is good or bad but I was happy to accept it. :grin: Delivery was just over 2 weeks from order.

Doug

Thanks Doug - that sounds good.

Could perhaps post a pic of yours please - I haven't seen one in Olympian yet?

doug said:
I paid just over 44K for mine three weeks ago.

Nice work Doug. A bit less than me, Im at £45k but I have some other discounts on accessories to sweeten it a little.

Maybe reflecting that they were more readily available 3 weeks ago. Lee has struggled like I don't know what for a Grey one. Only Blue left in free stock.

Yes - sure. I dont actually have a photo. I will take one tomorrow and post it.

Doug

Hi Doug

Very nice cali love the colour and the wheels i think you need to get some crome side bars now :lol:

Gary & Heather

Sweeeet! It was seeing a van like yours in Sheffield that convinced us to get a California and not convert a T5.

doug said:
Here you go :grin:

Doug

That's a beautiful colour - and the wheels really set it off.

I know you can have a Beach in that colour - that would be nice :)

James

Yes - the colour does look nice. Of course it shows every speck of dirt but then i prefer cars to look lived in rather than looking in showroom condition - which is just as well transporting 3 usually wet muddy dogs and living up a dirt track - it will never look this clean again :grin:

Doug

Just in the process of getting our berghaus and am just slightly confused by the pricing, although the berghaus rrp otr is just under£48,000, when we were going through the process of buying it we were informed that although that is the rrp it doesnt include all the extras eg climatronic which are surely features of the berghaus edition. So in summary the rrp isnt actually the rrp but rrp+all standard berghaus extras??? Can anyone explain? :crazy

Yes I hope I can having just purchased one today.

The RRP is for the Berghaus van including the met paint, awning, bike rack, wheels, seat covers etc as listed on the Berghaus brochure.

Extras - Privacy Glass, Safe, Climate, Vis Pack B, Cruise Control, MFSW are chargeable as listed in the California brochure.

I think the consensus is that they are all the same spec which I think makes them £50025 OTR

http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/califo ... /overview/

http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/califo ... fications/

I bought my Berghaus 6 months after original owner bought it. It's only just coming up to a year old. They bought all the extras but got a good discount. I got 'some' of the berghause branded stuff but bit of others (oddly I have the back seat covers but not the front??????? I have the flask and map cover - nothing else, would've liked the sleeping bags but hey Ho...).

Back