Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Special Edition

David Eccles said:
the white interior unit as seen in the factory...
looked a bit clinical to me...just needs the men in white coats!

I like it but as you say, bit clinical, also, practicality wise - how well is it going to fare? You'd need the right van for us, it could look very smart but it could probably only ever be a special edition.

James

I agree slightly hospital like ..could be a bugger to keep looking good in the long run

The Special Edition is trendy and stylish, but there is a great trade off, you have to sacrifice the real camping equipment: separate heating system for living room, the battery charger, feeding by CEE socket on outside wall, etc. They are unavailable for the Cali Special Edition.

I think it`s much better to put vynil wrap on the roof and put lower side decals

Cheers,

Renato

if they are missing from the spec it's like half beach half SE.

if only they did the berghaus with DSG

I am driving today an Ice White automatic Caravelle (bus in with dealer for new rear blind)
My daughter loves the colour...I don't! Not taken with autobox either but I am still used to driving old buses that you have to work!
It still looks like an ambulance to me!

Hovis said:
if they are missing from the spec it's like half beach half SE.

if only they did the berghaus with DSG

Maybe a 4 motion berghaus DSG :)

shambly said:
I'm going to have to sort out a set of black lower side decals for our bus - this and the edition 25 caravelle have convinced me!

So here is my artwork that i'm going to get made up next week in black vinyl, showing my silver bodywork through.

Anyone else want a set whilst i'm getting mine made up? Price TBC (maybe £50?)

Simon

cali_decal.jpg

cali_decal_detail.jpg

shambly said:
shambly said:
I'm going to have to sort out a set of black lower side decals for our bus - this and the edition 25 caravelle have convinced me!

So here is my artwork that i'm going to get made up next week in black vinyl, showing my silver bodywork through.

Anyone else want a set whilst i'm getting mine made up? Price TBC (maybe £50?)

Simon

cali_decal.jpg

cali_decal_detail.jpg

Simon - they will look good on the silver van, how did you come up with the design?

James

I based them on the edition 25 Caravelle and California Edition side graphics.

Having found a better side on photo of the Caravelle I've now tweaked the ends to be slanted rather than square. I have also had to remove the use of the outline font for the SE as the material would have been too narrow - its now solid.

Being quoted £30 delivered for a set (i'm fitting them myself - I have plenty of application spray left from fitting my bumper protector)

Aim to have them on for the Norfolk trip.

Simon

shambly said:
I based them on the edition 25 Caravelle and California Edition side graphics.

Having found a better side on photo of the Caravelle I've now tweaked the ends to be slanted rather than square. I have also had to remove the use of the outline font for the SE as the material would have been too narrow - its now solid.

Being quoted £30 delivered for a set (i'm fitting them myself - I have plenty of application spray left from fitting my bumper protector)

Aim to have them on for the Norfolk trip.

Simon

I do like to see abit of different :) cool

i was feeling a bit left out so i thought i would have a go

P8090001.jpg P8090002.jpg

Those decals do look good and might protect a rather, cough cough, vulnerable area! Would probably clash with our chrome side bars though...!

Special Edition on show at Dusseldorf this week
note the black alloys on this one!
Interior has a satin matt finish which is quite nice actually...

se.duss003.jpg se.duss004.jpg

No front window/vent in the pop top? Does that mean we in the UK have a different roof spec, have they reverted back to the old style or do they just put on what they have in stock?

looking back at my pics it seems all 3 Calis and the Beach on show have no front window vent in roof bellows...did not notice at timwe as was overwhelmed by everything on show! Is it a UK only SE spec thing then? will ask tho maybe someone on here knows?

good call david on the front bellows window ... I know it's another zip for water ingress ,but i personally do use that front window alot for fresh air,letting light in ,as i have a screen cover it's another hot air vent and gives you another choice depending on wind direction... :thumb

maybe we are slightly special in the uk after all or a mistake by the germans .... :lol:

David Eccles said:
looking back at my pics it seems all 3 Calis and the Beach on show have no front window vent in roof bellows...did not notice at timwe as was overwhelmed by everything on show! Is it a UK only SE spec thing then? will ask tho maybe someone on here knows?

It's an option - but standard in the UK - see comfortline/SE thread :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2082

Also for more info

http://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/ ... ition.html

http://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/ ... ition.html

James

choplee said:
so we are not special and pay for it anyway :cry: :doh

UK Buyers - or the market want their Cali's to be more luxury than was the orignal intention - it's why when people decry the cost of RHD - one thing worth remembering is that UK Cars tend to be higher spec than their LHD counterparts

It's a quirk of the UK market - it's not that the Cali can't be a seriously kitted out car but in Europe it's not such an important aspect for many markets.

For example - there's a list of gadgets to spec for you Cali - but you can't officially spec the extra drawer and net. The focus is different for the UK market. Likewise you can't spec the underbody protection.

Lee - you will always be 'special' lol

In the best possible way :)

James

Is this coming to the UK? I want one

Back