Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Ocean T6 colours to avoid for resale

Love white, but I would say avoid black at all costs, we would never buy black again

Love white, but I would say avoid black at all costs, we would never buy black again
I have to agree. We have a Black ex demo Cali. We bought it because the dealer had thrown every option that we had wanted at it and some others as well. The only thing we didn't like was the black paintwork.
We have now got used to the drug dealer/private ambulance look and now think that it looks quite classy. It is of course completely impossible to keep clean but I have really surprised myself by developing a very laid back attitude to it. Once it has had its monthly wash and brush up it can get as dirty as it likes. However bird lime and other contamination must be removed straight away. If and when we replace it, the next one will be any colour except black. Plain flat cooking White would suit me.

My present Cali is Candy white, new Ocean on order will be Cherry Red as the only other solid colour available. Don't feel the need to spend the extra on metallic.:happy

My present Cali is Candy white, new Ocean on order will be Cherry Red as the only other solid colour available. Don't feel the need to spend the extra on metallic.:happy

Ah, I've got the Cherry Red.....

Please note bold colours mark you down as some crazy left leaning PC egalitarian happy clappy hippy type!

Are you sure.

Tom, "Crispin Family", in lead on both colour, grape yellow in his case, and empathy and egalitarianism in spades.

:)

Seriously though, are you sure about the Cherry Red?

I've ordered candy white, still not 100% sure but the wife says it will be lovely. I've learnt never to question her judgement on such things.

Teejay

Yep, it'll be Cherry Red this time. The man's not for turning!! :bananadance

Us too... Red or Dead! :D:D:D

That said, I still can't find a decent picture of a red ocean, with chrome pack and standard wheels, so I don't really know what it's going to look like!

Red for me next time.

Mind you, I only bought Albert for a two year project and after three years our love affair is stronger than ever so I don't know when next time will be.

I've ordered candy white, still not 100% sure but the wife says it will be lovely. I've learnt never to question her judgement on such things.

Teejay
Teejay
From your avatar it seems you love the look of the type 2 Campers...so do we...so we also have ordered Candy white and when it arrives we are having some additional paintwork done by an approved VW bodyshop using an original VW type 2 colour. When it's finished I'll post some pictures. The look will be reminiscent of the old campers, individual and just what we want for our fun holiday camper....can't wait.

Teejay
From your avatar it seems you love the look of the type 2 Campers...so do we...so we also have ordered Candy white and when it arrives we are having some additional paintwork done by an approved VW bodyshop using an original VW type 2 colour. When it's finished I'll post some pictures. The look will be reminiscent of the old campers, individual and just what we want for our fun holiday camper....can't wait.

I do like the look of them but cannot be doing with the reliability of them. ;)
The avatar was just a nice example. I've been told that my candy white is either on the ship or in the compound. Would love to see some pics when you get the work done.

Like your coloured detailing on the grill @Duckling68. Who did that for you?
Hi daveboydanger

It was something I did myself, I ordered replacement non chrome inserts for the front grill and had them painted, they are only clipped into the grill.

Hi daveboydanger

It was something I did myself, I ordered replacement non chrome inserts for the front grill and had them painted, they are only clipped into the grill.
That's brilliant. Good work. Where you order the parts from?

Nice van Duckling. Can I ask if those are DRL lamps in the front bumper above the red(?) insert?

Also how easy was it to fit the front splitter?

Thanks and loving the paint! Doesn't stay like that for long does it?

Thanks Days out

Yes I have fitted DRL lamps in the front bumper and the splitter is a very easy 10 minute fit

image.jpeg

Ours is Cherry Red, chosen by us (well me, Hubby spec'd it, my only request was i chose the colour!) and well worth the 6 month wait ;) . Previous van was Candy White and that sold really quickly no problem. I'm in love with Cherry and as per a previous comment she's very eye catching, we get lots of compliments.

Us too... Red or Dead! :D:D:D

That said, I still can't find a decent picture of a red ocean, with chrome pack and standard wheels, so I don't really know what it's going to look like!
I don't have the chrome pack but have it in CR with std wheels, look for my post around the end of June 2016
Wullie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does red still not fade after a few years? We had a red Clio a few years back and it started to go a pink colour after 5 years of ownership?

Teejay
Why don't you just get it wrapped instead of painted?

Does red still not fade after a few years? We had a red Clio a few years back and it started to go a pink colour after 5 years of ownership?
No fading after 10 years on T5. red is red. IMHO one of the best colors. But I prefer metallic so now I go for Acapulco blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back