Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Ocean T6 colours to avoid for resale

I asked the vw dealer in liverpool the colour that is harder to sell he said red and white
Call me a cynic, but isn't he just trying to get more money by encouraging you away from the free colours?

Get what you like and don't worry who may or may not want to buy it, whatever you choose someone will like it when it comes to resale.

We bought off the peg, take it or leave it. Sand Metallic Beige is I think the name of the colour. Beige got a pasting on a previous thread on colour but it has two big benefits:
It matched the colour of my gold iPad (always Important) and
It doesn't show the dirt, so less washing, and looks like sparkling gold in the sun.
I think the colour name should have been Old Gold or something similar. Much posher!
My thoughts exactly about the colour name, beige immediately puts people off. Yes, calling it gold metallic or platinum or champagne would add hundreds of pounds to the value ;)

I asked the vw dealer in liverpool the colour that is harder to sell he said red and white
Sounds like that's the dealers limit on information on the Cali. How many red and whites do they have in stock I wonder.

...feeling slightly better about my Starlight Blue now. I agree with the comments about buying what makes you happy. Any suggestions on best wax or polish for darker colours?

...feeling slightly better about my Starlight Blue now. I agree with the comments about buying what makes you happy. Any suggestions on best wax or polish for darker colours?
I love auto glym super resin polish. Then either meguires hd liquid wax for quickness or collinite 915 for a proper job

For very little effort you can get great results from Armourall Shield wax. It helps to stop dirt sticking to the paint, lasts for a few washes before it needs doing again.
It is easy to apply and doesn't leave any residue on the plastic like others...

Having thought about this a bit more there isn't a colour I don't like for the VW Transporter. I'm equally attracted to 'utility' factory stock vans in non-metallics & blacked-out blinged-up pearlescent Sportlines on 20" Range Rover alloys. I'd not considered beige before but some of the Classified ads & those in VW brochures look very classy with big silver wheels on.

Whilst understanding whilst some people want to avoid white for a Cali I think the current white-with-black trend for German cars (Mercs, Audis, Porsche, Golf GTIs etc) looks brilliant - I'd have a white VW Up or a Polo GTI as well as if I had anywhere to keep it.

Having said all that I ended up with Acapulco Blue which brings a (teeny) bit of Cote d'Azur to a wet weekend in Yorkshire :cool:
Mines Candy White with 18" mat black Sportline wheels and mat black side bars, Sportline front splitter and roof spoiler AND blacked out badges :)

Mines Candy White with 18" mat black Sportline wheels and mat black side bars, Sportline front splitter and roof spoiler AND blacked out badges :)
I'm going for that look on my Olympian blue one

I love auto glym super resin polish. Then either meguires hd liquid wax for quickness or collinite 915 for a proper job
Thanks prompted me to look at the cleaning side of things before it arrives and gets dirty. I have been considering getting it prepped by a proper detailer from new but this is probably a step to far. Not going to be the easiest thing cleaning as I live in flats with no driveway but have found a DIY cleaning bay with lance etc.

Looks like once it's clean it's going to be the Auto Glym super resin polish and definitely the Collinite 915 which gets stunning reviews. Ta

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks prompted me to look at the cleaning side of things before it arrives and gets dirty. I have been considering getting it prepped by a proper detailer from new but this is probably a step to far. Not going to be the easiest thing cleaning as I live in flats with no driveway but have found a DIY cleaning bay with lance etc.

Looks like once it's clean it's going to be the Auto Glym super resin polish and definitely the Collinite 915 which gets stunning reviews. Ta

I did a lot of research and collinite last longer than most high end stuff. Its also a joy to apply. Remember panel at a time.

Resale value didn't come into it when choosing our Salsa Red Cali. We didn't like any of the other colours on offer enough to pay extra for it and quite liked the idea of having a van that stood out (at the time it didn't seem like there were many red Calis out there - a few more now). We still get lots of admiring glances - especially when she's all clean and shiny :thumb

campervans4u just sold a red LHD Cali which I thought looked brilliant
364_iphone_064.JPG
Do they still fade? (like the Golfs did).

Don't use Super Resin on new paint, it has a cutting compound in it, well maybe once a year...... this is what you need
Extra-Gloss-Protection-325ml.png

Don't use Super Resin on new paint, it has a cutting compound in it, well maybe once a year...... this is what you need
Extra-Gloss-Protection-325ml.png
Thanks Pete. I've stuck in an order already for the Collinite and went with the recommended one with it called Car Lack 68. If you reckon it's ok will go with that or I will get the one you suggest.

Getting it from as below and got a bit carried away as always

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=410

Mike

mines black and dirty, looks great and used!

Thank you. Great suggestions. I think I will start with the autoglym extra gloss protection (unless someone can tell me it will not take an entire weekend to apply the collinite 915)?

Thank you. Great suggestions. I think I will start with the autoglym extra gloss protection (unless someone can tell me it will not take an entire weekend to apply the collinite 915)?
Extra Gloss is really easy, it doesn't go all white and crusty like "regular" polish :)

Do they still fade? (like the Golfs did).[/QUOTE]

It was something we were wary of when choosing a red vehicle but were assured that the paint process is different now and there's a clear coat goes on top of the paint which should alleviate any fading problems - time will tell. For now she still looks good as new.

Back