Best barbecue?

Re the madkon 600s, it specifies the size as the following:
Closed
60 mm (H) x 370 mm (W) x 650 mm (L)

Open
630 mm (H) x 370 mm (W) x 650 mm (L)

Fire Box
165 mm (D) x 315 mm (W) X 585 mm (L)

Does that mean that it is 60mm + 165mm thick when packed away?

The snow peak range is a great bit of kit, the fire pit is fantastic packs up and down in a second. On top of that sits a collapsible BBQ which again folds flat, all this goes into a flat bag. There is also a oven attachment you can get. It’s all made out of aircraft grade stainless steel. It’s expensive but top notch quality.

9E3FCC48-9141-46F4-A563-2D2A72F3D034.jpeg

8F9D2E9E-791A-4ADF-A5FF-91699B204A94.jpeg

6A714835-E6B3-4597-8B84-AA4EC5424BDC.jpeg

Oh if you do get it, its worth getting the very heavy duty canvas bag it’s holds all the bits and is super well made. Also worth getting the coal grate as it allows a smaller fire if grilling plus the fire has better airflow even if using just as a fire pit

Oh if you do get it, its worth getting the very heavy duty canvas bag it’s holds all the bits and is super well made. Also worth getting the coal grate as it allows a smaller fire if grilling plus the fire has better airflow even if using just as a fire pit

@icic I have been considering this one. I love how well it's made an dthe way it folds. I just need it as a fire pit, not as a BBQ. My only thing is, where do you store it in the van?

@icic I have been considering this one. I love how well it's made an dthe way it folds. I just need it as a fire pit, not as a BBQ. My only thing is, where do you store it in the van?
If you have a slide out tray under the parcel shelf it can fit well on top of the euro crates. That’s why the canvas bag is so good, it completely covers the fire pit when folded so no mess. Also the stainless steel is so good, washing down it with water before packing it away in no way makes it rust or degrades it, it’s very easy to keep clean. It’s an amazing fire pit

Can I add Wolf and Grizzly to the mix? They make a great collapsible grill and fire pit set. Again, expensive, but such an amazing design. Folds down to nothing (about 30x15x10cm between them), adjustable height grill, and comes with two storage bags and nice extras, like a tool to scrape the bars with. We couple it with a foldable chimney fire starter for the coals and we’re ready to go in 10 mins!

20EC9940-0321-4DB6-BD1B-B46253119579.jpeg

https://uk.wolfandgrizzly.com/

I’ve just pre-ordered the cook set because I’m a bit obsessed :D

It’s a Skotti for me. Fire pit x coals x gas and compacts down to nothing

8353E682-86E9-44B4-878C-A1E8101C7F1B.png

3F939AF4-EFD2-4A00-8810-27EB8B74B84A.png

8DFC11C4-DFB8-40C1-B832-592B52DA539E.png

050AE25A-8B6D-4459-9746-4E08C16F91B1.png

Oops - could have edited those screenshots!!

What’s great about the snow peak is that you can have a really big fire in it with logs, if you get the medium or large one, plus being raised of the ground so much it never singes the grass plus cooking on it can be done while remaining seated

6041EF2E-7132-4340-9953-8A0E59BA41E3.jpeg

91E61D17-5155-445D-B3A2-3AD00404D14A.jpeg

I like the look of the new ridge monkey one (gas / solid fuel). We have had a gas Cobb for years which is great but takes up a fair amount of space as it’s an odd shape:

Re the madkon 600s, it specifies the size as the following:
Closed
60 mm (H) x 370 mm (W) x 650 mm (L)

Open
630 mm (H) x 370 mm (W) x 650 mm (L)

Fire Box
165 mm (D) x 315 mm (W) X 585 mm (L)

Does that mean that it is 60mm + 165mm thick when packed away?

Nope, just 60mm. The firebox sides also pack into the bag.

If you need a wood-burning stove with a charcoal option, this is the best one I can recommend.
We never cooked proper meals inside after this. No effort to ignite as the fan works, very versatile in cooking and warming under the awning. The folding legs, perfect size to fit under the parcel shelf. Bio-Lite Firefit

DSC01919 1.jpgIMG_1958.jpegDSC01934 1.jpg

Some really great options coming out here. Keep them coming please!

Where did you find the tripod, chain and grill?
It was from this company. It may be this product. It’s not perfect but it’s the best one I could find. Look at where the chains hook into the grill. It would be better if they hooked into a loop rather than the slight bend, as if you’re a bit aggressive with it, you can find it trying to tip your sausages in the fire. It hasn’t happened yet though.

If you need a wood-burning stove with a charcoal option, this is the best one I can recommend.
We never cooked proper meals inside after this. No effort to ignite as the fan works, very versatile in cooking and warming under the awning. The folding legs, perfect size to fit under the parcel shelf. Bio-Lite Firefit

View attachment 77006View attachment 77007View attachment 77008
I have this too and it’s VERY good as a fire. How do you manage to cook on it best? Great photos!!
All the best

It was from this company. It may be this product. It’s not perfect but it’s the best one I could find. Look at where the chains hook into the grill. It would be better if they hooked into a loop rather than the slight bend, as if you’re a bit aggressive with it, you can find it trying to tip your sausages in the fire. It hasn’t happened yet though.
Get a Dutch oven similar to the below for the top, then it’s very versatile:

View attachment 77006View attachment 77007View attachment 77008
Thank you for this!

I have the skillet and the lid. But I love this pot!! What size is that?
All the best

I've got a 4.5L Petromx dutch oven, but wonder whether I should've bought the one with legs like you linked to, to give a bit more stability on the unstable grill...

I got a price on the madkon ammobox, about 500€ with the lid delivered to Sweden. A bit much I thought. Then I looked at the Biolite Firepit which is the same with the lid and options. In that compare I guess the Madkon is built for life and the Firepit who rusts quite soon is to be replaced. The sound of the Firepit would probably drive med crazy too.

Yes. We all have things to suit our purpose.
Fire-fit is just fit to my travel style, easy to light, easy to clean& store in the van, cooking & heating.

In case you need extensive use of wood fire like him, better to look for a rocket stove. ;-)