Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best Roof Wrap/Cover

M

mikefixex

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

I am due to pick up my Ocean next week and suspect it might be affected by the leaks.

What's the best waterproof roof cover to buy? I see there are many different types, insulated, internal, external etc?

Is there one that does everything, waterproof, insulated from cold and hot external temps and also would protect from the rain?

Thanks

We have the Rainbow, works well but large to pack and a slight faff to put on.

If it is a brand new Ocean it is very unlikely to have leaks.

Once search is back up next week, you’ll find plenty of chat and reviews on here about pop top covers.

We have the Rainbow, works well but large to pack and a slight faff to put on.

If it is a brand new Ocean it is very unlikely to have leaks.

Once search is back up next week, you’ll find plenty of chat and reviews on here about pop top covers.
Unlikely to have leaks - I would not put money on that!!

We use the Comfortz one (get VIP membership and it'll pay for itself and still give you a discount in the shop on buying one!). It's very good, waterproof and insulating too. Faff; to an extent, but it's not that tricky if there's two of you. I have a folding stool (a tall one, 45cm high or something) which slots into one of the chairs in the boot and makes it much easier. Takes less than 5 minutes to put on and off. Yes there's a bit of bulk, but it goes on the rear shelf when travelling (dead space otherwise, along with the sleeping stuff) then if not needed at the site, slide it onto the footwells (again, more dead space).

Hi,

I am due to pick up my Ocean next week and suspect it might be affected by the leaks.

What's the best waterproof roof cover to buy? I see there are many different types, insulated, internal, external etc?

Is there one that does everything, waterproof, insulated from cold and hot external temps and also would protect from the rain?

Thanks
Similar boat - new 6.1 collected last week and ours leak (during hose test but not light rain).

Can’t recommend pucer screen enough. I can thread it through on my own in 3 minutes (although I am quite tall). Very light and folds small, comes with waterproof bag. Cheaper compared to alternatives and 2 days delivery as well (I know rainbows attract a bit of a lead time?).

I was put off the Cali topper because I can imagine it flaps in the wind (as wind can get underneath and lift the whole thing up slightly). And we’re considering solar so they don’t mix. Additionally looks more of a faff to put up.

Similar boat - new 6.1 collected last week and ours leak (during hose test but not light rain).

Can’t recommend pucer screen enough. I can thread it through on my own in 3 minutes (although I am quite tall). Very light and folds small, comes with waterproof bag. Cheaper compared to alternatives and 2 days delivery as well (I know rainbows attract a bit of a lead time?).

I was put off the Cali topper because I can imagine it flaps in the wind (as wind can get underneath and lift the whole thing up slightly). And we’re considering solar so they don’t mix. Additionally looks more of a faff to put up.
Thanks,

Is that fully waterproof and a thermal screen too for cold and sun?

Thanks,

Is that fully waterproof and a thermal screen too for cold and sun?
Yes it’s waterproof and completely opaque, with insulating materials. So good in cold, hot and the wet

Pucer screen is great! Highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back