Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best tool for cleaning side window drains

My problem is, that when it's just raining, water apparently leaves the van. But if I use a syringe, I see water come in in the cupboards :confused: Right side works ok.

Should I just stop cleaning them?
What model and year do you have?

I've heard quite a few similar issues around that year and always seams to be the window over the sink not draining, the door one if usually fine. There are issues with the front drain assembly where the sealant leaks as the channel bends to go out of the window but this can only be repaired by replacing the whole window. Perhaps the window mastic blocked the drain when fitted during manufacture or refitting but as long as you keep the rubber window seals clean water shouldn't enter and it won't need to drain.

Does anyone know if there are drains at the other end of the sliding window?
I have cleared the front draining hole (must look for the extra drain near the glass), but I don't find a middle drain.

It’s quite well hidden but you can see it post no 27 of this thread where I used a trim tool to partially prize out the window to get better access.

It’s quite well hidden but you can see it post no 27 of this thread where I used a trim tool to partially prize out the window to get better access.
Cheers. I knew I had seen the picture before, but could find it right away. :thumb

We have a 2019 ocean. Can I ask if anyone has a picture of theses holes and where they are that need cleaning regularly

See pictures earlier in the post

There are drain holes at each end of the window guide slot. The slot/gap between glass and plastic is less obvious and only about 1mm x 10mm so View attachment 52576I doubt that it does much! Also I think its a "feature" that only appears on newer windows The picture attached is my replacement side window my original window on the side door just has the drain holes.
Isn’t that where the window ‘locks’ in place with a pin? Are you sure it’s a drain?

It’s dual purpose. A drain and the location where the window locks in place with a pin.

Isn’t that where the window ‘locks’ in place with a pin? Are you sure it’s a drain?
Yep, Syringe some water down them, it will come out between the glass and the outside panel...... and in the cupboard, if faulty.

I Use silicone spray to lubricate and clean the runners, plastic and sliding window Mechanism.
spray a little into the drain holes to soften the black crud and clear them gently, allowing the excess from the runners to drains from the holes To the outside of the van (wipe the black crud off the paintwork as it appears from under the window)

gummi pflege for the rubber seals

Back