Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking Window Cover

Steve1

Steve1

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
This is my first ever new post, only ever replied before, so hopefully I've done it right.

I have just fitted a window cover to my van rear window, to stop water getting in when it's raining but to allow ventilation.

It was supplied by a local company, I have the first prototype and was asked to do some testing and supply pictures to them, so it's my van on their website. (I am not part of their company or anything like that, but I did get my one free if I took the pictures and did some testing for them)

I think as well as allowing an open rear side window during rain without the drain holes leaking into the cupboard. I think it would also solve people's general leaking windows without having to mastik them shut.

Here is a website link (I think new stock will be coming soon)

These are similar to the front window rain deflectors but bigger

PXL_20230318_130826468.jpg

PXL_20230318_091846617.jpg

PXL_20230318_091838665.jpg

This is my first ever new post, only ever replied before, so hopefully I've done it right.

I have just fitted a window cover to my van rear window, to stop water getting in when it's raining but to allow ventilation.

It was supplied by a local company, I have the first prototype and was asked to do some testing and supply pictures to them, so it's my van on their website. (I am not part of their company or anything like that, but I did get my one free if I took the pictures and did some testing for them)

I think as well as allowing an open rear side window during rain without the drain holes leaking into the cupboard. I think it would also solve people's general leaking windows without having to mastik them shut.

Here is a website link (I think new stock will be coming soon)

These are similar to the front window rain deflectors but bigger

View attachment 106319

View attachment 106320

View attachment 106321
Clever idea.
One question, what’s it like at 70kph with the sliding window open?

I haven't opened the side window when driving, I've never done that even before fitting it but I'll give it a go next time I'm out. I have tested at 70mph on the motorway though and it didn't wobble or make any noise that I could hear. I opened the passenger door window and still couldn't hear anything unusual.

I haven't opened the side window when driving, I've never done that even before fitting it but I'll give it a go next time I'm out. I have tested at 70mph on the motorway though and it didn't wobble or make any noise that I could hear. I opened the passenger door window and still couldn't hear anything unusual.
I doubt if I would open the sliding window, but I know if there were passengers in the back then someone would. I would hope it would be strong enough to cope.

I doubt if I would open the sliding window, but I know if there were passengers in the back then someone would. I would hope it would be strong enough to cope.
I don't think opening the window would affect it structurally, it touches the main window not the opening bit. I guess the only possibility is if you opened the front windows and the rear the flow of air in the front and out the back may try to dislodge it. I will try next time and see. It seems pretty strong in there though.

Interesting, I’d like to see them in the flesh .
Looks like it would negate the need to tape the windows for the winter.
That’s been my solution to the perennial wet cupboard syndrome.
How strong is the adhesive and how about returning to the original without any trace of them being installed?
Edit
See they are sold out.

Last edited:
Interesting, I’d like to see them in the flesh .
Looks like it would negate the need to tape the windows for the winter.
That’s been my solution to the perennial wet cupboard syndrome.
How strong is the adhesive and how about returning to the original without any trace of them being installed?
Edit
See they are sold out.
The tape was some real sticky 3M stuff, it seems well stuck on. I haven't peeled it off, but I would expect it to be too bad, similar to the front rain deflectors I would guess, then just clean any glue mark off of the glass.

Best to contact them if you are interested I think they are only sold out because I have tested the first one recently, and they are just about to run a full batch soon.

The tape was some real sticky 3M stuff, it seems well stuck on. I haven't peeled it off, but I would expect it to be too bad, similar to the front rain deflectors I would guess, then just clean any glue mark off of the glass.

Best to contact them if you are interested I think they are only sold out because I have tested the first one recently, and they are just about to run a full batch soon.
Should have said wouldn't expect it to be too bad :)

Hi, in answer to your's and @EddieEagle questions a couple of weeks back. I have just been away for Easter, done 400 miles at mostly 70mph with the window cover on and I wouldn't have even known it was there. It is as firm as ever on the window, no noises and no wobbles :)

I also did about 3 miles with the back window open on its own at 70mph, and another 3 with the back open and one front window open at 70mph and a short section with 2 front windows open. Again, no noises and no wobbles.

I am very pleased overall and it rained heavy last night while I was camping, I kept that window open for ventilation and my cupboard was all dry this morning which is excellent.

From what I have seen so far I would definitely recommend one when the main batch comes into stock.