Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bilstien B14 Coilovers?? or sell??

I've personally no interest in messing with my vans but had heard about Coilovers through threads like this one. This video came up for me today which (I think) did a pretty good job in explaining what they are, how they work, and the benefits to be had:

If you really want it sorted fit air suspension. Costly but works and has other benefits as well. Our 4 Motion had heavy duty ARBs on from new and with the air suspension I reckon it's about as good as it's possible to get.

Hi all ,
Just a word on my suspension modification, I have heavy anti roll bars fitted front and rear T32 springs all round and bilstein struts and rear shocks, the van drives on rails ,next to no roll on corners or roundabouts.
I fitted all the updated suspension after our first trip away in , as my wife was car sick for the first time ever !
We have had our van for three years now and very happy with the way it drives, it is a 204 four motion

Had b14s fitted to a few California’s now and absolutely cannot fault them.
Firm but far from hard or harsh.. yes if you hit a pot hole your going to feel it no matter what your in but I definitely think there worth the money,,out of warranty...
of course in warranty you will need the eibach coil overs from vw themselves so I’m hoping there as good as the b14s because I have them on order???

Sorry for a newbie question in advance.. Does the rear uprated ARB fitted to the 5.1's and Beach/ Ocean (as per WillSS back in 2013) fit my 2008 pre facelift Cali? The fact that people refer to the 5.1 as the facelift kind of gives me confidence that the rear arms are the same on both pre and post facelift. I am almost certain that the bracket points will not have changed. I am thinking of less body roll on the cheap.
I know that driving slower at roundabouts would help but I am trying to conserve the energy that I've generated in getting to the roundabout!

I know that driving slower at roundabouts would help but I am trying to conserve the energy that I've generated in getting to the roundabout!
I like it,
i think the t5 t5.1 and t6 are all the same rear ARBs.

If that are the only two options for you I'd sell it.
Seems like you are not happy with the van. Maybe you could make a new owner happy with it.

Oh Triplebee you’re very much mistaken, don’t know how you come to that conclusion. We totally love it..
I like to fiddle and tinker and try things that I think may help improve things for us, with a modest budget. If I do try a different arb I’ll report my opinion.
Thanks for the advice on the rear suspension. I’ll have a look underneath and check against images.
Oldred.

It's like I would say: My roof sags on the left side (true), should I fix it or sell the van.

I will certainly try to fix the problem, but not selling the van for one thing that might be wrong with it.

Your question seems a bit confusing in that way.

Back