Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Black Cycle Carrier -

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Yip, I'm well impressed.

I nearly bought the new style bike rack as it looked a lot easier to strip down,
But the T5 rack just looks (IMO) the business.

Well, I think that's my winter project sorted.....
As long as your available in a consultancy capacity if it's going t**s up :thumb

Calicampin

Calicampin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Yip, I'm well impressed.

I nearly bought the new style bike rack as it looked a lot easier to strip down,
But the T5 rack just looks (IMO) the business.

Well, I think that's my winter project sorted.....
As long as your available in a consultancy capacity if it's going t**s up :thumb
100 percent no problem anything I can do to help just ask :)

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Appreciate the offer :thumb

I'll make some enquiries over the next few weeks to see where I can get the parts anodised then take it from there.

Thanks again...

Wayno

Wayno

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi Wayno,
I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, but was a little put off as I wasn't sure if the coating would get chipped while on the van.
How's yours been ?
Was it easy to source all the new nuts n bolts ? and by any chance do you have a list of what you used.....

Cheers Richy
As said earlier in this thread it takes a bit of time to strip, I did mine over 3 nights and again it was a new rack so lots of money if you damage it lol . I spend £60 at the powder coaters but they did every bit !! Nuts bolts washers everything !! Take lots of pics of stripdown as some parts are sides l/r etc... build up was great 2hours tops and they look ace mine has seen in over a year now and well used but it's never marked !! Matt black bowder coating is baked for longer than a semi matt so is also stronger wearing.

Go for it

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
As said earlier in this thread it takes a bit of time to strip, I did mine over 3 nights and again it was a new rack so lots of money if you damage it lol . I spend £60 at the powder coaters but they did every bit !! Nuts bolts washers everything !! Take lots of pics of stripdown as some parts are sides l/r etc... build up was great 2hours tops and they look ace mine has seen in over a year now and well used but it's never marked !! Matt black bowder coating is baked for longer than a semi matt so is also stronger wearing.

Go for it
Thanks for the update,

I'm planning to strip it down next weekend...