Blackout decals

vale46

vale46

forum co ordinator
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone fitted the blackout decals available in the shop to their T6.?

Do you jean the b-pillar wrap or the side graphics with California on it?

The b pilar ones

IMG_3009.JPG If you are talking about the B-pillar wrap then yes it's easy to do if you take your time and line up the wraps before taking off the backing. I did mine on a warm wind free day. The only thing to watch is that you have enough spare at the edge to wrap around the door. If you align it perfectly it works a great

Many thanks for your quick reply very helpfull

I'm sure you will come up wit your own way of doing things but if it helps.....

I used masking tape to create a line at the top and bottom which went across both the door and the pillar. Also I took a few inches of backing off the top and choose the backing so it was still on the rest of the wrap. Then attached the top at the masking tape line and checked alignment and amount of wrap at the sides. Then when all was ok i took the remaining backing off and put down the rest of the wrap. Finally I wrapped the wrap around the corner of the door.

Before you press it down hard it is possible to re position them but bit tricky to get off. And I suspect the wrap will get stretched or damaged.

The black B pillar on a light vehicle makes the car look really good because it elongates the window. I'm really pleased with the visual improvement. Don't know why it's not standard really.

View attachment 17390 If you are talking about the B-pillar wrap then yes it's easy to do if you take your time and line up the wraps before taking off the backing. I did mine on a warm wind free day. The only thing to watch is that you have enough spare at the edge to wrap around the door. If you align it perfectly it works a great

Hi there, have you had your windows tinted too ?

Hi there, have you had your windows tinted too ?

No. I just chose the tinted rear cabin from the option list. Only the back and rear side windows are double glazed.

Back