Bloody Fireworks...

Guy/Louise

Guy/Louise

Life is for living....
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hey there,

I thought I’d tell you about a great/crap day!

Having had a night out in London on Saturday night, we thought we'd drive back to Devon via Brighton!
As we entered the City, we came across some Vintage cars, so we parked up at the front and had a walk around. As it was Louise’s first visit to Brighton, we obviously had to walk onto the pier, sun shining, suberb!

Then an uneventful drive home... oh, but it was Guy Fawkes night. We picked up Louise’s lad and drove down into town and parked near the rugby club, Louise and Luke went to the display while I just sat in Blodwyn... I couldn’t miss the display, spectacular!
BUT, what are the chances of a bit of firework drifting down onto the windscreen and melting a little stone-chip like hole on the glass...?

How can this happen...how can I prove it?

Hey there,

I thought I’d tell you about a great/crap day!

Having had a night out in London on Saturday night, we thought we'd drive back to Devon via Brighton!
As we entered the City, we came across some Vintage cars, so we parked up at the front and had a walk around. As it was Louise’s first visit to Brighton, we obviously had to walk onto the pier, sun shining, suberb!

Then an uneventful drive home... oh, but it was Guy Fawkes night. We picked up Louise’s lad and drove down into town and parked near the rugby club, Louise and Luke went to the display while I just sat in Blodwyn... I couldn’t miss the display, spectacular!
BUT, what are the chances of a bit of firework drifting down onto the windscreen and melting a little stone-chip like hole on the glass...?

How can this happen...how can I prove it?

I very much doubt that you can. I would get it repaired before it gets any worse and move on. Bad luck

Mike

Holy Moly! That is bad luck, glass melts at 1400 - 1600 degC!!
Your roof is aluminium with a melting point of approx 660 degC - could have been a lot worse than the windscreen but still annoying I agree.

Yup a few thoughtless types have been in our local park firing rockets and stupidly aiming them towards the houses and a few have hit cars. Annoys me greatly, but there is still no cure for stupid.

I'm always worried about leaving a new car around some old bangers :shocked

I know, it's bad, and I deserve a rocket for it, but best that I could do this morning ......

and that is bad luck. Glass covered by the insurance? No effect on NCD?

Probably magnesium in the firework could of been nasty!

There was a fireworks party in the road next to our flats. We were watching the fireworks out of the window and keeping an eye on Cali outside when a rocket landed a couple of feet in front of her - that was a close call! A few years ago a friend had their house roof set on fire when a rocket landed in the plastic guttering - sorry to be a party pooper but I don't think such large fireworks should be sold for use in residential areas.

There was a fireworks party in the road next to our flats. We were watching the fireworks out of the window and keeping an eye on Cali outside when a rocket landed a couple of feet in front of her - that was a close call! A few years ago a friend had their house roof set on fire when a rocket landed in the plastic guttering - sorry to be a party pooper but I don't think such large fireworks should be sold for use in residential areas.
There are laws concerning the use of Fireworks, including classes and who can buy what and that should take care of these things but as ever loopholes exist and priorities of the authorities are stretched!! Glad your Cali was OK though :)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies...

Sonic Fireworks have come good-ish, maybe it was because of the dash cam footage, but they have agreed to pay my windscreen excess...better than nothing!!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies...

Sonic Fireworks have come good-ish, maybe it was because of the dash cam footage, but they have agreed to pay my windscreen excess...better than nothing!!

Result

Mike