Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Beach Attack in Cheltenham

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Parked my van up last night at back of my home in Cheltenham - this morning due in London early start found smoke coming out of the van - some 4r53h0l3 had got in - without a key ???? attempted to hot wire the van by smashing off the ignition / steering lock etc - when he didnt succeed he decided to make a fire on the passenger seat. We have had the police and SOCO out to do the normal checks etc, but it seems clear the intruder was looking for a spare key secreted somewhere in the van - i dont leave one in there, but he went through all the nooks and tipped everything out. Just a word of warning if you do hide a spare inside, they seem to be onto it ?? - who knows - early indications are that the insurers will write it off - desperately sad only had it 18 months IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3167.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

OMG !
Very bad news , hope the incurance will sort you out.

This is one of the saddest posts that I have read on this forum :(

I remember your excitement when it was ordered, when it was delivered, the joy you took over making bits for it, inventing bits, loving the living. It is / was your pride and joy. How it must hurt and sadden to see it in that state. My heart goes out to you. I cannot begin to understand how sad and hurt you must feel right now.

I hope the insurance company gets you back on the road quickly, with a sparkly new vehicle.

Best wishes, please keep us informed, and you know that as a forum if we can do anything to help then we will do.

Jen x

Wow that is truly truly awful, so sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lost for words. Hope you are sorted out soon.

That's gutting. Not much I can say.

Mike

I have had a similar sad experience- last year my T5 conversion was stolen and torched. I know how this is so upsetting; having one's car vandalised is annoying, a camper is like one of the family. I hope you have a decent experience with your insurance company

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. It is very sad to see such a treasured vehicle damaged in this way. I hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Can't express how sorry I am for you. Words can't sum up what a nightmare situation you found yourself in.

Let's hope you can order a new van soon and get back camping.

Gutted for you.

Parked my van up last night at back of my home in Cheltenham - this morning due in London early start found smoke coming out of the van - some 4r53h0l3 had got in - without a key ???? attempted to hot wire the van by smashing off the ignition / steering lock etc - when he didnt succeed he decided to make a fire on the passenger seat. We have had the police and SOCO out to do the normal checks etc, but it seems clear the intruder was looking for a spare key secreted somewhere in the van - i dont leave one in there, but he went through all the nooks and tipped everything out. Just a word of warning if you do hide a spare inside, they seem to be onto it ?? - who knows - early indications are that the insurers will write it off - desperately sad only had it 18 months View attachment 24176

View attachment 24177

View attachment 24178
Very sorry for you, hope you get a positive outcome with insurance.

There are some horrible people in this world. I hope your insurance company sort it out quickly and without quibbling!! Good luck!

so sorry to read this. Hope your insurance company are good to you and get his sorted satisfactorily

What an awful experience. So sorry for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Totally gutted for you. I know how I would feel - absolutely distraught. I really hope that you get sorted out with your insurance speedily and that they get you back on the road quickly. Hopefully this hasn't put you off Cali life.

Thanks for the warning about hiding a key in the van.

Sincere commiserations and good luck in sorting it all out.

I was devastated when our windscreen was smashed in Eindhoven....but this? Just beggars belief.
So so sorry to read your post. Hope your insurance sorts it out.

So sorry to read this, I really hope you get this resolved ASAP and let's hope that catch the bast***s that did it!

So sorry to read. There will always be people that can't tell what's yours and theirs. I hope it gets fixed soon.

What a horrible situation to be in due to no fault from yourself I was lost for words last night when I saw your post. We all know replacing a Cali is not like replacing a normal car, weeks/months of pain. We all wait anxiously on how you move on and the support of your insurance company.

Back