Bluetooth sometimes 'hogs' the MFD

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
So I've a T6 with the upgraded stereo. Often I play music over Bluetooth without problems, and the MFD allows me to check fuel consumption / oil temp etc etc.
But sometimes the MFD is full of just Bluetooth info (name of my phone etc) and I can't shift it. Attempts to clear the display with the stalks (and check oil temp for example) results in me making unwanted calls.
I must be missing something simple but can't find an answer so have to ask for help.
I don't have buttons on the steering wheel.

So I've a T6 with the upgraded stereo. Often I play music over Bluetooth without problems, and the MFD allows me to check fuel consumption / oil temp etc etc.
But sometimes the MFD is full of just Bluetooth info (name of my phone etc) and I can't shift it. Attempts to clear the display with the stalks (and check oil temp for example) results in me making unwanted calls.
I must be missing something simple but can't find an answer so have to ask for help.
I don't have buttons on the steering wheel.

I had this in my last van, it sometimes was a nightmare to get rid of without making several calls. I'm sure it was holding the bottom down button in for a few seconds got rid of the phone section...

That's how mine works I think that it you press either button down for a few seconds you get the menu back.

My T5 Beach came without a multi function steering wheel, as soon as I connected a phone to bluetooth I lost access to the MFD. Never did work out how to get it back, my solution was to retro-fit mfsw buttons! Much easier to use all the available functions now and the fitting of buttons wasn’t too difficult or expensive.

Thanks everyone. I've established that a long hold on the rocker switch that is used to cycle through the MFD is what's required. Only a couple of people rung by mistake whilst practicing. Thanks @2haw.

@GreggB I might yet go that route but I'm not missing the buttons as much as I'd expected. I'm using Android Auto a lot (well I am when it chooses to connect) and I'm not sure how the steering wheels interface with that.

Back