Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boiling water for brew ( no hook up )

Private_Kelly

Private_Kelly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can you boil water using electric kettle when not hooked up to electric. I tried this the other day and no dice.

Can you boil water using electric kettle when not hooked up to electric. I tried this the other day and no dice.

No.

The 240v socket on kitchen cupboard is wired to the hookup feed. I wouldn't use the euro socket on the B piller either as this is rated for 150w max.

Only if you use a 12v kettle. The Inverter socket will allow a 240v appliance to be plugged in with an adapter but only gives out 150 watts and most 240v kettles are 2000 watts so a definite no no.

Thanks Quinnster and Welshgas I am a bit of a noob and didn't know that. Have to use a bit of gas next time.

A folding kettle travels quite well in the sink taking up no space and the gas used to boil some water with it is fairly light so I have never even considered an electric kettle even when I know I am going to be on hook up. It is just one thing more to carry and when on hook up I can think of plenty of other uses for that 3 pin AC socket.