Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boot Lights

bagel.rhodes

bagel.rhodes

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Boot lights.

My boot lights will not go off even when closing, shutting down all the internal lights etc. It’s just been in for a service and I think they’ve done something, I know I should probably take it back. I’m worried it will drain the pleasure battery although I do have a solar panel, not much good that is currently.

These seem to be on a different circuit. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Craig

Does your boot looks closed on your instrument cluster?
Don't you have a button for the lights in the boot?
Do you mean the 2 lights in the bootlid?
I have a T5.1, so I don't have those lights, and thus I can't test it for you.

Boot lights.

My boot lights will not go off even when closing, shutting down all the internal lights etc. It’s just been in for a service and I think they’ve done something, I know I should probably take it back. I’m worried it will drain the pleasure battery although I do have a solar panel, not much good that is currently.

These seem to be on a different circuit. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Craig
There is a switch on the right side of the boot (inside of right C D-pillar) for the lights. Have you tried operating that?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This video explains vehicle lighting…it should help you understand what should be happening, handy if you need to take it back to the place that did the servicing?
At around 5 minute 50 secs there is a mention of the tailgate internal lights.

There is a switch on the right side of the boot (inside of right C pillar) for the lights. Have you tried operating that?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
That should be the D-pillar. The C-pillar is between the two side windows.
That was the button I was referring to.

The boot light stays in for a while when you open the tailgate and then switches off

Back