Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken (Happy) woof

I have a rescue dog a whippet. Bertie_thewhippet on Instagram. He has reservations about the Cali. How and what techniques did you use to get your dog introduced to the van. I am not wanting to force the issue but dearly want him to love the van.

I have a rescue dog a whippet. Bertie_thewhippet on Instagram. He has reservations about the Cali. How and what techniques did you use to get your dog introduced to the van. I am not wanting to force the issue but dearly want him to love the van.
I was very lucky with Zebedee I’ve had him from a pup and from day 1 and pretty much everyday after he’s been in a vehicle (now 10).
I would try putting his bed in the van (or something he loves toy or treat or even his water bowl and just let him explore van and not drive anywhere. If it’s possible to let him enter when he wants a drink or nap (if you can park cali behind gates at home).
Once he gets use to getting in and out of van, try short trips to somewhere he likes local parks and try and do it as much as possible.
Always a lot harder with a rescue as you never know what the poor woof been through.
I’m sure there’s others on here who have had the same problem and can advice.
Hope it works out. :thumb

@4x4 has just said exactly the advice we were about to give. We would just add be patient let Bertie take all the time he needs it will be worth it in the long term. Try to rush it and you could end up making him more anxious of the van. Good luck, let’s know how he progresses.

Meal times in the van is another option in addition to those above. No pressure on him. Let him jump in / out of his own accord. And don’t rush moving on to next stage.

4d67f2d179a0132a4ae59c252f5e3f9f.jpg

On the train home having walked from Purfleet to Gravesend via the Tilbury-Gravesend Ferry.

I’ve changed the title of thread as your gorgeous beagles need to be here all the time.
I’ve changed the title of thread as your gorgeous beagles need to be here all the time.
Not everyone may agree with you :) They are very tired tonight we’ve walked tens of miles on the Rhins of Galloway today.

BF77267A-F0D8-408A-A660-889AE3EEC765.jpeg

5D9B480D-2D5F-4EF7-ABF8-265C24AEB769.jpeg

We spent the afternoon playing frisbee, and yep he will catch it every time if that stupid human could throw it right :headbang View attachment 78311View attachment 78312View attachment 78313View attachment 78314

Meg’s a master at catching frisbee too. Better than can be said of my throwing the frisbee.

Her other favourite is football. Bounce a ball just in front of her and she will snout it back for you to catch. Sometimes she will miss-snout and the ball goes straight up, in which case she’ll do a double or even triple snout before getting it back to you.

Some more exploring around Glenlivet area, great day and great views. Didn’t bump into a soul, if you want to escape the craziness of Aviemore then Glenlivet is the place at the mo (not sure how busy it gets in summer), feels like people just bomb through and don’t stop and explore!34946B85-836B-4770-B967-12785D544C65.jpeg26B7F788-DB09-4062-B097-A4492231C1EF.jpeg575AF690-901D-4382-B170-80425BA08325.jpeg

Lovely looking dog. Wish I could get mine to look at the camera lol