Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build a mini Toilet CDP at home?

A

a892374923874

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'm contemplating making toilet cassette emptying a little easier at home.

I have a circular plastic manhole cover against a wall outside, so I could drill a 110mm hole in it and install a 45deg bend, a drop pipe and a screw cap. If I use a 110mm coupler above the manhole then that will stop the pipe dropping through. I have a fresh water pipe near it to provide a rinse.

However I don't really want any splashes remaining in the area.

1625397536696.png

Alternatively, we're building a wet room inside, which will have a shower and a toilet, so I could tee off the toilet waste and provide a similar screw cap arrangement in the shower area so any splashes could be rinsed off with the shower. I could provide a separate rinse tap also.

Any other creative plumbing arrangements spring to mind?

I'm contemplating making toilet cassette emptying a little easier at home.

I have a circular plastic manhole cover against a wall outside, so I could drill a 110mm hole in it and install a 45deg bend, a drop pipe and a screw cap. If I use a 110mm coupler above the manhole then that will stop the pipe dropping through. I have a fresh water pipe near it to provide a rinse.

However I don't really want any splashes remaining in the area.

View attachment 81002

Alternatively, we're building a wet room inside, which will have a shower and a toilet, so I could tee off the toilet waste and provide a similar screw cap arrangement in the shower area so any splashes could be rinsed off with the shower. I could provide a separate rinse tap also.

Any other creative plumbing arrangements spring to mind?
Just lift the manhole cover when you want to empty the cassette.

Thanks for the comments :) . Emptying in the loo generally causes a bit of splashing, which if it was in a location that was covered by the shower would be easier to deal with. Emptying on site doesn't mean I don't have to empty again back home, although admittedly there will be less to empty.

Lifting the chamber cover requires prising it out of the frame with a tool, which I probably shouldn't do too often.

None of this is the end of the world, but I have the opportunity to do something while we're constructing a wetroom, so I thought it was worth considering.