Our travel to the Denmark meet at Rømø

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Finaly the Denmark meet is within' short notice and we are on our way up north.
Leaving our permant home behind to spent the next 14days in the Hotel California , home on wheels.
We have only driven about 130km from home to end up at : https://indeverte.nl/
We been here before and liked it a lot , not a campsite not a camperspot/air but somewhere inbetween . It's a site in the midlle of flowerfields/forrest run by the council of Lottum (so i think) , 15€ a day with facilitys including toilet , wash up area, wifi ,.... (shower =1€/5min doh)
Dogs very welcome but ....hold on your hats ....
No youngsters/childeren under 16y....a dream ....:D
Only campers/campervans are allowed . No caravans or tents , no drive away awnings , no groundsheets , no cars .
It's great for walking (all flat) and you almost hear no sound but the birds and the wind in the trees.
If the reception is closed you just shove 15€ in the envlope and in the mailbox , all very relaxed.
There are about 50 pitches max capacity but we are only 4 tonight .
Had a short loop/walk about 3km this afternoon , weater is dry and themps are ok .
At the right time of year the surronding fields are all flowerd with roses , tulips,...
Small impression of our pitch:
IMG_8639.JPG
IMG_8641.JPG

We will probally stay another day as it's soooo nice here !

Last edited:
2nd day of our trip and glad we stayed on this site , it's been dry and a nice 20-25celcius themp. today , we did a 8km loop/walk today witch brought us to a windmill , the banks of the river Maas , the small village of Lottum and lots a nice gravelroads where Mieke could run free in the corn/flowerfields...
IMG_8657.JPG
IMG_8661.JPG
IMG_8666.JPG
IMG_8654.JPG
Enjoying the evening sun and getting ready to cook a meal...
Just had this rolling up the site....
MAN overlander.
IMG_8671.JPG

Last edited:
These are the things you experience when you go to smal sites...
A roe popt-up just only 10m next to us ...

IMG_8681.JPG
IMG_8680.JPG

2nd day of our trip and glad we stayed on this site , it's been dry and a nice 20-25celcius themp. today , we did a 8km loop/walk today witch brought us to a windmill , the banks of the river Maas , the small village of Lottum and lots a nice gravelroads where Mieke could run free in the corn/flowerfields...
View attachment 37205
View attachment 37206
View attachment 37207
View attachment 37204
Enjoying the evening sun and getting ready to cook a meal...
Just had this rolling up the site....
MAN overlander.
View attachment 37208
Those knees! Do we really have to see them?!;)

Woke up with clear sky but prediction is rain in the late afternoon .
Did lunch outside with 25celcius , so can’t complain !
Mieke is enjoying the sun in her favorit seat
Her dogbed is on the floor but she prefers the rearseat...
BB40FAA1-EE70-4E34-9FB7-53A3E863620B.jpeg
Left the site @13.00h and headed further north , guess where we ended up.....having a afternoon coffee?
3A4A069A-770A-4C06-BDB8-6AC5974AAC93.jpeg
434009E4-D0F5-4D3C-9418-85967725869C.jpeg
As i always say , don’t get accros the Netherlands without a stop @CCN Amersfoort.
Picking up a present from the owner of CCN to hand out at the Denmark meet next week ....supprise ...

We may stop by at CCN on our way back to UK after meet.........:thumb

After visiting Camper Centrum Nederland we where offerd to pitch up at the house of Rob the owner of CCN . One is always free to spent the night on the parking of theire shop , witch i do always when going in for service/maintnance but he has a gravel spot besides his house also he offers to regular clients (about 10km from the shop) where you can park up and in a small chalet there's a toilet and shower availeble . So we kindly took the offer and stayed a rather rainy overnight but all in all not cold ....
Spot the Cali....
17476144-42C7-4EEF-ABD4-32113432C9DB.jpeg
F804DA1B-4F66-454D-BEBE-E2BD768952AC.jpeg
We left Amersfoort at 10pm direction Zwolle and then Groningen , up north ending up at a nice free aire just next to the Waddenzee in a place called Usquert .
Almost the middle of nowhere , a dead end track with a pub and a parking and a special parking for 5 campers free to spent the night behind the dike as we are in Holland and many places are protected against flooding by a dike (hope translation is ok)
025CA103-4B23-4A18-B20C-5E3EDCDB712A.jpeg
9C7B7EEE-22FA-4A59-82FB-B661F665572C.jpeg
The Waddenzee is a enormous nature resort , witch stretches from Holland over Germany and Denmark , Rømø where the meet is is also part of it.
Windy but sunny and dry about 20celcius .
No other sound then the wind....
Spot the Cali ...again...
F64BEDD4-AFE4-4DE9-AB7D-569A10E91D2E.jpeg
651B0159-7F18-4BCC-8356-55B9AE8CAA15.jpeg
Don’t know for tomorrow , or straight in to Denmark or a night in Germany....

Last edited:
Woke up with clear sky but prediction is rain in the late afternoon .
Did lunch outside with 25celcius , so can’t complain !
Mieke is enjoying the sun in her favorit seat
Her dogbed is on the floor but she prefers the rearseat...
View attachment 37224
Left the site @13.00h and headed further north , guess where we ended up.....having a afternoon coffee?
View attachment 37222
View attachment 37223
As i always say , don’t get accros the Netherlands without a stop @CCN Amersfoort.
Picking up a present from the owner of CCN to hand out at the Denmark meet next week ....supprise ...

HAHA … we where almost going to CCN yesterday as well, driving right by on our way home from Woerden near Utrecht. Maybe it was You we saw on the M ?! ;-)

The day before yesterday there was Sort Sol (Black Sun) in the area around Aventoft only 3 km from the Danish border. If you follow the coastline thru this area upwards you might be lucky and see the phenomena at sunset somewhere …

We are currently travelling south in Norway and staying about 50km’s south of Stavanger on the island of Eigeroya. Will be in Kristiansand over the weekend sailing to Denmark on Monday. Hope to stay in Skagen area Monday night before making our way to Ribe for Wednesday/Thursday and on to Rømø on Friday complete with wellies, an oyster knife and a kite!! (only a small one).

Sooo excited to see you all ;-)

I can’t wait either :D :) Currently looks like we will head to Bruges and stay two nights so we can spend a day in Bruges. We will try and catch up with @Auberg-ine maybe on the Tuesday if he is free. Then head through Netherlands and we expect to be in Denmark by Thursday and Romo Friday or earlier.

If anyone has Zello (walkie-talkie type phone app) we will have it on as we travel through Belgium,Netherlands,Germany and Denmark. So you can chat to us if we are able or if not leave a little voice message.

VW California Club channel on Zello.
http://zello.com/vwcaliforniaclub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t wait either :D :) Currently looks like we will head to Bruges and stay two nights so we can spend a day in Bruges. We will try and catch up with @Auberg-ine maybe on the Tuesday if he is free. Then head through Netherlands and we expect to be in Denmark by Thursday and Romo Friday or earlier.

If anyone has Zello (walkie-talkie type phone app) we will have it on as we travel through Belgium,Netherlands,Germany and Denmark. So you can chat to us if we are able or if not leave a little voice message.

VW California Club channel on Zello.
http://zello.com/vwcaliforniaclub

There's a campsite (called Memling i think ) when visiting Brugges .
Hope you don't be dissatointed as many say Brugges is overrated ! Busses with tourists arriving each day , selling way overpriced Belgian chololats (not even made in Belgium)
Antwerp or Ghent are way much nicer ....

We have booked Memling for two nights but Sunday will just be sleeping.

Maybe we will check out Ghent or Antwerp on the return

We have booked Memling for two nights but Sunday will just be sleeping.

Maybe we will check out Ghent or Antwerp on the return

Ypres is also worth visiting, campsite 10 mins walk from the centre. About 1hr 20 from Dunkirk ferry from memory.

There's a campsite (called Memling i think ) when visiting Brugges .
Hope you don't be dissatointed as many say Brugges is overrated ! Busses with tourists arriving each day , selling way overpriced Belgian chololats (not even made in Belgium)
Antwerp or Ghent are way much nicer ....

But if you go @MattBW Memling is a nice small camping and in quite close (good walk or bike) distance to Brügge. We stayed there two years ago.

EDIT: Aha, just saw you already booked … ;-)

On our way! A beautiful, sunny, still morning on the shores of the Island of Eigeroy (Egersund).

94D1D67D-B695-4A49-9506-F4D75754D090.jpeg
EDIT: you can tell I am not the worlds best photographer!

Last edited:
Today woke up dry and sunny in the north of Holland and headed east in to Germany . Man i don’t like driving in Germany!
Surfing from one roadwork to the other , a row of lorry’s on the right lane...
Anyway, did about 260km ending in Sittensen where we where before a few years ago when we went to Norway . This is a free spot in a small village only 3km from the motorway . It was very nice when we where here 3y ago but now seems the rules are changed and only 6 placed left and there used to be toilets but they been closed the whole day now...shame but still we are happy to be here.
Tomorrow in to Denmark , saturday hopefully less traffic on the German motorway!
Spot the Cali:
C2FFCBEC-FA49-4A93-9DB0-BDEEDC929B4D.jpeg
Behind the fountain to the left:D
E7AE62E8-E389-4E96-B081-AC447BA025EA.jpeg
One thing i noticed before , Germany the great country don’t have that great internetnetwork , had only Edge here most of the time . I had this noticed before when on the factory visit last year also that internet is not that good here.

Agree with you about internet in Germany. Not great. Norway on the other hand is excellent. 4G in most areas including some very remote places. Have great trip and see you in a weeks time!

Finaly the Denmark meet is within' short notice and we are on our way up north.
Leaving our permant home behind to spent the next 14days in the Hotel California , home on wheels.
We have only driven about 130km from home to end up at : https://indeverte.nl/
We been here before and liked it a lot , not a campsite not a camperspot/air but somewhere inbetween . It's a site in the midlle of flowerfields/forrest run by the council of Lottum (so i think) , 15€ a day with facilitys including toilet , wash up area, wifi ,.... (shower =1€/5min doh)
Dogs very welcome but ....hold on your hats ....
No youngsters/childeren under 16y....a dream ....:D
Only campers/campervans are allowed . No caravans or tents , no drive away awnings , no groundsheets , no cars .
It's great for walking (all flat) and you almost hear no sound but the birds and the wind in the trees.
If the reception is closed you just shove 15€ in the envlope and in the mailbox , all very relaxed.
There are about 50 pitches max capacity but we are only 4 tonight .
Had a short loop/walk about 3km this afternoon , weater is dry and themps are ok .
At the right time of year the surronding fields are all flowerd with roses , tulips,...
Small impression of our pitch:
View attachment 37163
View attachment 37165

We will probally stay another day as it's soooo nice here !
Have a great trip to Denmark and thanks for the tip, this unique camper place near Venlo! We can only start our journey early Friday morning, arriving on Saturday. See you there!

Had i nice night in Germany + Stittesen alltough it got busy at the spot , normal only 6 allowed there but ended up 9 and many had to drive off ...
There used to be 20places at least but as said above rules have changed .
Left the free air at 9am , stopped for shopping at a supermarket and on the motorway we went.
As expected less trafic today still pretty busy and looots of roadworks!

Once in Denmark driving is way much less stressfull!
Did about 450km today , had a lunchbreak underway.
We just arrived on Fur - camping on the island Fur. Thats in North-Jutland .
Short ferry-trip needed to get there , worth the money.
FAD70896-6A49-4901-8840-065419614B7C.jpeg
B05CB4B3-79F3-4915-B4C3-426413AD54B6.jpeg

Looks like a nice campsite , not so level pitches but all in all happy with the view.
523A9935-3D22-47D7-B94E-A0EB832FB0E0.jpeg

Back