Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our travel to the Denmark meet at Rømø

We had an amazing day yesterday with @Auberg-ine , seeing some places around Brussels. I also had a tour of his ocean which has so many clever Cali-hacks to make the most of space. Then it was cooking some amazing meals on a ridge monkey, mussels in the rather special Oude beer) and steamed pears in chocolate sauce). Zero mess and amazing tastes, perfect camper van food.

We also had a lovely dinner and camped in our hosts beautiful grounds in a picturesque villlage. A wonderful day and very special. Thank you @Auberg-ine and family for amazing hospitality.

We are in the Netherlands today and near Arnhem on our way to a campsite. Tomorrow we do many miles through Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx M&V, was indeed great fun! Just don't mix up your beer course: it's called 'Oude Geuze', not just 'old beer'! :D
IMG_E2896.jpg Skål! :cheers

Wish you all the surprise sun like we had here!
(and V, yess, the apron found it's fixed place already!;))

Last edited:
You probably arrive earlier than us in Rømø, so try if you can get the right pitches (if available) … and you can just sort payment for the extra night directly with Ursula in the reception ;-)

@hotel california - Pitch 367
@Jabberwocky - Pitch 359

… and you already sorted payment ;-)

@JaneJ - Pitch 347

Other decided to come today?

You probably arrive earlier than us in Rømø, so try if you can get the right pitches (if available) … and you can just sort payment for the extra night directly with Ursula in the reception ;-)

@hotel california - Pitch 367
@Jabberwocky - Pitch 359

… and you already sorted payment ;-)

@JaneJ - Pitch 347

Other decided to come today?
Thanks Henrik. We will arrive in Rømø as planned on Friday as we will spend today in Ribe and stay at Riba Camping tonight. Will see you all tomorrow.

We are enjoying the morningsun and breakfast .
Leave Ribe and shopping for food.
Will be inRømø , this afternoon!

BF069771-5219-4B71-8040-E1EBEE7821B3.jpeg
2559AF47-D430-400A-82CF-13295FBC8B54.jpeg

Thx M&V, was indeed great fun! Just don't mix up your beer course: it's called 'Oude Geuze', not just 'old beer'!
View attachment 37498 Skål! :cheers

Wish you all the surprise sun like we had here!
(and V, yess, the apron found it's fixed place already!;))

Haha so sorry, yes, Oude Geuze! A fantastic day

A great photograph you can tell you are an artist it looks perfect there

Today it’s very light rain and mist so I think we will aim to do as many miles as possible and get through Germany.

We are making good progress through Germany, but still 225 miles to go. The rain has came and gone now the sky is brightening. We may try to finish it in one trip.

We might arrive 19.30 to 20.00 but have no spot booked do you think they will have space?

We are arrived at Rømø and pitched up , going for a walk on the beach .

B90F415E-2A44-4B82-8B3C-DE6969B1878F.jpeg
We drove up the beach before entering the campsite .

3DFC8AF1-ED2C-41D4-8356-266D1450099D.jpeg
Weather is great , WINDY ...!

From Ribe campsite only took us 40km to get to Rømø island from where we first did a bit sightseeing before entering the campsite.
The road connecting the island with the mainland is 9km long.
Nice to drive on...
680947CB-FA29-41AC-99FD-6060594350BA.jpeg

Also on the north end of the island it seems there’s a militairy zone , we saw a jet fly over very very low ...this sign hangs out at the border of the zone , there a airport also
EBCA0B2D-577D-4E28-8A9F-772F107B54C9.jpeg

@MattBW and all others there is no problem at all arriving earlyer than planned
At the reception they know whe are having a meet.
@Kmann , has even arranged a hostess for welcoming us ..,

Last edited:
Great, 170 miles to go just stopped past Hamburg to have a drink and exercise the dogs ‭

80 miles to go, dogs fed and walked satnav says arrive at 20.34

Matt , Henrik been at the reception they are open until 23pm.

Are we at the wrong site? First Camp? Reception closed only machine?

Are we at the wrong site? First Camp? Reception closed only machine?

Send you answer in the PM

F8A6F00C-BED3-46EC-89A5-FF2803A1D7C7.jpeg
Send you answer in the PM

We’re in Rendsburg right on Kiel Canal tonight listening to big ships passing in the night ! We normally like to be a bit further away from ships when sailing . We’re 90 miles away be with you lunch time tomorrow . Not liking the German roadworks ! But got 39 mpg today towing 1 ton trailer ( Jackie’s shoes ! ) at 60/70 mph when not stuck in traffic . 180 dsg 4 motion .

527a40f701bf197691021694a65d3efa.jpg

Aurea Borealis Matt?? That high you got? Or just Disco in the ClubVan? :D

To close of my report on our trip , we stayed on the Rømø island and the meet over the weekend , we had a great time (see the other topic ) .
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/rømø-meet-had-started-pictures-chats.26792/unread

Took off on sunday 11am leaving the meet to drive about 780km to go straight home as i not wanted to stay one overnight in Germany and then doing the last part full monday traffic .
Even on the sunday (without lorry's on the motorway) it took us 1,5 longer than the satnav estimated when taking off , all becose of the many roadworks.
It was 7h and turned out 9h , only a 20min stop included

Done a total of 2350km
4 nights in Holland
1 in Germany
8 nights in Denmark
We had been driving thru Denmark before (when heading to Norway ) and been overnighting close to the Ferry in Hirsthals.
But this time we actually explored a part of Denmark and it's realy a nice country to vistit .
Very good roads , nice campsites , we did not take free aires as there are not many. or wildcamp as it is forbidden in Denmark .
Friendly people and in general no big cultural diffrents compared to Belgium.
No euro doh , so for us a bit less convinient when paying.

Today unloaded the Cali and washed a few machines clothing.
Tomorrow back to work.

Will go back there for sure!

To close of my report on our trip , we stayed on the Rømø island and the meet over the weekend , we had a great time (see the other topic ) .
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/rømø-meet-had-started-pictures-chats.26792/unread

Took off on sunday 11am leaving the meet to drive about 780km to go straight home as i not wanted to stay one overnight in Germany and then doing the last part full monday traffic .
Even on the sunday (without lorry's on the motorway) it took us 1,5 longer then the satnav estilated when taking off , all becose of the many roadworks

Done a total of 2350km
4 nights in Holland
1 in Germany
8 nights in Denmark
We had been driving thru Denmark before (when heading to Norway ) and been overnighting close to the Ferry in Hirsthals.
But this time we actually explored a part of Denmark and it's realy a nice country to vistit .
Very good roads , nice campsites , we did not take free aires as there are not many. or wildcamp as it is forbidden in Denmark .
Friendly people and in general no big cultural diffrents compared to Belgium.
No euro doh , so for us a bit less convinient when paying.

Today unloaded the Cali and washed a few machines clothing.
Tomorrow back to work.

Will go back there for sure!

So happy to hear you had a nice stay!
And when you come back, we shall see if we can meet somewhere ,-)

I forgot to tell a good story , if not even the best of our trip....

On our way home from Denmark on sunday we stopt somewhere in Germany to fill up diesel .
Stopt at pump nr8 filled up and took a look at the counter to know how much i was expecting to pay when inside ( you needed to go inside the shop to pay)
I was fourth in line and it took a while , when it was my turn i said to the guy : pump 8 ( but in my very best German) .
He replyed : 8 ....? Can not be correct , there's nothing to pay on pump 8.
Me: ok , i'm off then ?
He: what did you tank ? ( in the mean time he changed from german in to his best englisch)
Me: 108,... some €
He: thats allready been payed by someone else , there's only pump ... and 76,44€ open to pay . Someone payed your diesel , of you pay his it's ok for me....
Payed , asked him to sign the reciept so they can not blame me anything and took off
So , got some cheap diesel :thumb

Back