Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build Week 33

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone else got a similar date to me?

Cali Beach went into build on week 33, currently still in build and customer support estimate delivery around September 17th. Dealer doesn't give quite so much information and just says it's still in build (probably wisely as he knows this might change).

Does anyone have anything more concrete for their own vehicles? I know I should be more patient but it would be good to have better information after spending £££.

Has anyone else got a similar date to me?

Cali Beach went into build on week 33, currently still in build and customer support estimate delivery around September 17th. Dealer doesn't give quite so much information and just says it's still in build (probably wisely as he knows this might change).

Does anyone have anything more concrete for their own vehicles? I know I should be more patient but it would be good to have better information after spending £££.
Same here, unfortunately its just a waiting game. Just keep pestering your dealer for an update

You can chat with VWCS and they can usually tell you the following.
Of course 60 and 70 would be your own dealer.
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 20.46.57.png

Oooh, exciting 10 days!!!
Actually Mark,
Mine is all old news...goes back to Novemebr 2017 that screen shot.
I just posted to show whats possible for those as impatient as I was and rightfully so:pinkbanana

Thanks for that, I've been using the phone, I didn't realise there was a live chat option :)

I'm a long term lurker but first time poster. Thought I'd break my silence as I too am build week 33.

Just spoken to my dealer and VWCS, both say "final stages of build" however no one knows how long it'll take to reach the dealership due to WLTP.

Have to keep waiting...I mean it's only been 5 months already!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

You can chat with VWCS and they can usually tell you the following.
Of course 60 and 70 would be your own dealer.
View attachment 37354

I just got told mine is at production point 7... which apparently means it will be finished in the factory at the end of the week, don't understand how it fits the table above?

I just got told mine is at production point 7... which apparently means it will be finished in the factory at the end of the week, don't understand how it fits the table above?
Have you heard any more in the WLTP emissions and mpg as being built in Spet it will be undergoing new tests?

Have you heard any more in the WLTP emissions and mpg as being built in Spet it will be undergoing new tests?

My dealer didn't know how WLTP is going to impact timings as it only affects passenger vehicles not commercial vehicles yet, so my Cali will be one of the first through for them

My dealer didn't know how WLTP is going to impact timings as it only affects passenger vehicles not commercial vehicles yet, so my Cali will be one of the first through for them
Just got this today from my dealer;

Screenshot_20180904-145607_Email.jpg

This could get interesting then!

Are there any timings detailed? It refers to updated timings below.

It's a shame they can't even say weeks or months, would help with planning holidays car sales and general excitment!

It's a shame they can't even say weeks or months, would help with planning holidays car sales and general excitment!
Completely agree!! Got rid of my car now so got no vehicle until it arrives. I have to use my actually legs :thumb

Sorry can't help with that one.Was that from your dealer or VWCS?
Seems to be unusual delays at the moment but good news is, once in production to being ready for shipping can be very quick (and was this time last year). Hold ups sound like they aren't related to the actual build process. That said some do take longer because of the required spec in the order.

Sorry can't help with that one.Was that from your dealer or VWCS?
Seems to be unusual delays at the moment but good news is, once in production to being ready for shipping can be very quick (and was this time last year). Hold ups sound like they aren't related to the actual build process. That said some do take longer because of the required spec in the order.
My dealer rang VWCS or someone else in VW as the website he was checking was giving him limited info. Fingers crossed

I got told that the only change they need to address to meet WLTP was a pipe or something. Apparently an easy fix that takes a couple of minutes, but a further 5 days to be signed off each time they complete the change at factory. o_O

I had a voicemail earlier (I'd called customer care a day or so ago) that said the van should be out of the factory by the end of next week and that I should see it at the dealer in the 2nd week of October or so.

I had a voicemail earlier (I'd called customer care a day or so ago) that said the van should be out of the factory by the end of next week and that I should see it at the dealer in the 2nd week of October or so.

I rang up VWCS today - they said mine was leaving the factory and should be with the dealer by the end of the month - I'll wait for my dealer to confirm this but it's starting to sound promising!

Well thats good news @MattBell and @Nolan Ivenit had any feedback, just been toto there delays :sad but as mine is the same build week as yours, surely it cant be long now before its built. Oct would be fine, just be nice to know

I have just spoken to VWCC. Again, they confirmed it has been delayed due to WLTP but have said it would be at my dealership the 1st week in October! Now I'm excited!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

VWCC told me early October although they didn't mention WLTP to me, it is expected to leave the factory at the end of this week. My dealer said pretty much the same thing although he said it might be late September.

It's getting expensive as every time I emails the dealer I add something :)
So far we have:
Bike Rack (was always going to get this to be fair)
Lowering springs (give me some more garage clearance and make the ride a bit less van like)
Extended Warranty (seems like a no brainer, the 24 month 80k option)

Late September would be nice but as long as I get it for half term so we can try a late camping trip in it I'll be happy I guess.

VWCC told me early October although they didn't mention WLTP to me, it is expected to leave the factory at the end of this week. My dealer said pretty much the same thing although he said it might be late September.

It's getting expensive as every time I emails the dealer I add something :)
So far we have:
Bike Rack (was always going to get this to be fair)
Lowering springs (give me some more garage clearance and make the ride a bit less van like)
Extended Warranty (seems like a no brainer, the 24 month 80k option)

Late September would be nice but as long as I get it for half term so we can try a late camping trip in it I'll be happy I guess.
Might be worth finding out the latest resures from VW in regards to the WLTP test otherwise you wont know what real emissions and mpg you might be getting?

Back