Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build Week 33

Might be worth finding out the latest resures from VW in regards to the WLTP test otherwise you wont know what real emissions and mpg you might be getting?
Ive just asked my dealer what the resukts from the WLTP test are showing?

Ive just asked my dealer what the resukts from the WLTP test are showing?
My Dealer not sure but maybe you or your dealer can kindly shed some light on the matter considering your is nearly built.

Not good news, just spoke to VWCS and the chap said that due to WLTP the 150bhp variants were taking longer and the dealer date is now first week in November which is far from ideal.

Not good as I ordered it in may!

I just got told mine is at production point 7... which apparently means it will be finished in the factory at the end of the week, don't understand how it fits the table above?

Rang up again today stuck at point 7. I get the impression it’s built and they’re stuck with the WLTP. No idea on delivery other than calling regularly!

I assume the WLTP is only done once for each configuration so 2wd 150 DSG, 2wd 199DSG and so on. Is this a reasonable assumption so once through it the vans that follow will not be delayed beyond the logistics ?
Mine is build wk 37 and im being told by the dealer its expected in November.

I've just had an email to say mine will be with my dealer 1st week of October. (I'm build week 33)

Mine was wk37 so November estimated by the dealer look quite possible. Please let us know when it arrives

I've just had an email to say mine will be with my dealer 1st week of October. (I'm build week 33)

What's the spec of yours? Good to hear some are making it out of the factory :)

How granular is the WTLP? I can't imagine mine is the first MY19 150 DSG coming off the line. I'm hoping it hits the new date as I'm already due to miss a planned trip during October half term.

What's the spec of yours? Good to hear some are making it out of the factory :)

How granular is the WTLP? I can't imagine mine is the first MY19 150 DSG coming off the line. I'm hoping it hits the new date as I'm already due to miss a planned trip during October half term.

Ive got a 204/199 DSG ocean on order. Im in a similar situation with October holiday plans in the air. My dealer emailed me and said delivered to him week 40 yesterday, I rang VW today they're saying week 44. So I'll leave it another week and check again. The predictions seem very inconsistent and we don't know if there will be any dealer hold ups yet! With regards to the WLTP no one seems to know much about this yet.

We've also got a 204/199 DSG 4M on order which was scheduled for build starting in week 34; I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said...
  • It will be leaving the VW factory first week in October
  • It is expected to arrive at dealership last week in October
  • They want me to go view it at that point to "sign-off" on the Cali BEFORE it is taxed and they add "dealer" options
  • I can pick it up about a week later
As of yesterday, the dealer had no information regarding WLTP and if it affects my Cali.

Last edited:
All this talk of possible delays made me nervous so I rang VWCS for an update yesterday. For my particular vehicle, Ocean 150, nothing has changed. VWCS still say it will be at the dealership Week 40, or 1st week in October. Perhaps the 204/199s had a further delay on their engine type approval for WLTP. It's not over until the proverbial lady has sung....we wait with appendages crossed!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Has anyone else with a similar build week heard anything recently?

I'd take it as a positive if there was evidence of any 150 DSG vehicles clearing WTLP as that would just mean there was a queue opposed to any more serious issues.

I've just mailed my dealer so will post if he comes back with anything concrete, last communication suggested week 44 for delivery.

I've just spoken to VWCS - it's delivering to the dealer next week!! lets hope there are no more hold ups!

I've got the 150 Ocean and that is supposedly at the dealership next week too! At least that was the last update I had.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Not great news. After consistently being told by VWCS that my vehicle will be delivered to the dealership next week they are now telling me it's not even finish build! This is for the 150 engine. It 'could' be up to a 7 week delay. Also heard that for the 204/199s the news is even worse...12 week delay for you guys I'm afraid. All a bit of a farce if you ask me and not what I expect when parting with some much Dosh. Sure delays happen but be honest to your customers and do give them false information. I almost told them to cancel the whole thing....almost.

Obviously I meant don't give false information...

Not great news. After consistently being told by VWCS that my vehicle will be delivered to the dealership next week they are now telling me it's not even finish build! This is for the 150 engine. It 'could' be up to a 7 week delay. Also heard that for the 204/199s the news is even worse...12 week delay for you guys I'm afraid. All a bit of a farce if you ask me and not what I expect when parting with some much Dosh. Sure delays happen but be honest to your customers and do give them false information. I almost told them to cancel the whole thing....almost.

Frustrating isn't it? I'm sure that given the state of the supply chain they would be more than happy you cancelled as that would mean one more vehicle on the forecourt.

It certainly bursts the myth of German efficiency but I've decided to be patient and wait. I hope they hit the November date but I don't feel super confident that they will. I'd feel happier if some vehicles had made their way out! to customers! VW are lucky they have very little competition in this market.

I guess it's good for secondhand sellers though!

I've just found out the same bad news. From a phone call on Monday and an email on weds both confirming delivery next week they've just delayed it till week 50 at the earliest. It's a shambles. My dealer didn't know anything either, he's now going to speak to VW about compensation.

I think we should all push for compensation, it's one thing signing a disclaimer agreeing to WLTP issues, but it's another being told to prepare for collection, sell your old car and book a holiday. I'll keep you posted.

I’m build week 37 and was advised yesterday that my Cali Beach will be with the dealer last week of October. Any reason why they are delayed? Can’t still be WLTP?

I’m build week 37 and was advised yesterday that my Cali Beach will be with the dealer last week of October. Any reason why they are delayed? Can’t still be WLTP?

WLTP - don't think they've even started testing them

This is what I suspect, do we know of any MY19 Californias that have been delivered or are at dealers at all?
I don’t think so... I was tempted to start a thread, “has anyone seen an MY19?”

Mine was ordered in June & dealer has recently quoted an end of October delivery. I am not holing out much hope as distributing the backlog will cause additional delays. As these will all be stored out in the open I hope they have been well protected. Can't begin to explain the frustration of waiting, the club helps :(

Just had a call from the dealer. My Cali is at Port of Exit - Status code 38! This is an Ocean 150 DSG. Thought it might bring some comfort to all of us waiting that at least the vehicles are finally leaving the factory. I’m told approx two weeks until it’ll be ready for pick up but exciting times.

Back