Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help please choosing between Indium Grey and Mojave Beige for new Cali

S

Sue G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I'd just like to first of all say hi to everyone. I've found this forum brilliant for information about the California and I'm writing my first question on a forum ever so apologies if I get anything wrong!

I'm just about to take the plunge and order our first California ocean t6 and we've decided on the options we want to go for but are struggling to decide on the colour! We've narrowed it down to either Indium grey or Mojave beige.

I would really appreciate any opinions you all have about the two colours. We've been along to our local vw showroom who have a California ocean in Indium grey but it's in the showroom under all the lights and the sales person said that he thought it may be making the paintwork look lighter grey and with a slight hint of brownish, taupe colour under the lights (which we liked). He thinks the colour is more of a darker, more grey colour outside. While we were there we also saw what I think was a transporter with windows that we were told was in the mojave colour but it was quite sunny outside and the colour looked like it had a slight pinkish hint to it which looked different to the colour in the brochure.

I'd really value your thoughts on the two colours as we're desperate to get our order in as I understand there's such a long wait! Thank you everyone for your help.

get them to take it outside
Thank you for coming back so quickly. I did ask but don't think the sales person was too keen as to be fair the Cali is situated at the furthest point away from the opening showroom doors with quite a lot of cars in between.

Thank you for coming back so quickly. I did ask but don't think the sales person was too keen as to be fair the Cali is situated at the furthest point away from the opening showroom doors with quite a lot of cars in between.

you are about to spend £55k ish another VW in grey they could show you outside.

Welcome, tough choice as they are both nice. Stacks of grey examples owned on here. Do a Google search for images of both, better in the flesh I know, but than a nothing.
If I had only that choice it would the beige for me. Oddly I don't think there is a bad colour of California.

Personally Indium Grey,

but then....

The joy is inside, not outside. The outside gets covered in mud anyway.

There again, when my dogs jump in so does the inside :shocked:sad

This post needs pictures.

With the greatest respect:

Is this topic a wind-up?? :rolleyes:

You're spending presumably something approaching sixty thousand pounds on a new vehicle but you're asking a bunch of strangers on a forum what colour you should buy?

Buy whichever one you like best!

If you can't see the one you want in natural light then find another dealer or van somewhere else to look at.

My only comment is that indium grey was available on the T5 as well as the T6 of course where as mojave beige is only on the T6. This makes is the newer model stand out more.

Personally I prefer the grey just to go against everything I just said! I have a problem with the word beige! I went for a white van!

We have ordered Indium Grey but my wife insists on calling it Imodium grey. Can't think why because when it's delivered I don't think we will be at a loose end!

I often joke that here in Switzerland they must have banned anything that might be considered at all colourful. If you pay attention here, there are very few cars on the road that are not White, Black or Grey! For example, in the current view from my office window there are 28 cars. 2 x Red (a rarity as this is the colour of the local car sharing scheme), 2 x Dark Blue, 4 x White and all the rest are black or dark grey! :shocked

I didn't want anything too light, or too dark and in the end I decided on the "Mojave Beige" but renamed it to "Warm Silver" ;) as I have a serious problem with the word "Beige" and when I ordered my T6, there was only a very limited choice of colours.

I really like it now. It doesn't show the dirt, easy to clean (although I've only done that once so far), but best of all the colour does seem to change slightly depending on the light. As a plus, I have only even seen 1 other biege T6 on the road :D

Last edited:
I have an Ocean in order in Mojave Beige. We have a golf 7 in grey and wanted a bit more practical color than that because we have one km of gravel road to our house.
Haven't seen a Cali in the color yet. But did see a Caddy in mojave some days ago. Looks great and to me a bit more exclusive than indium.

I saw the Mojave beige and apart from the name it does look vet nice. Agree that VW shot themselves in the fuel tank on using the word beige. Warm silver is a better description. Perhaps we should start a petition!

We couldn't decide between the mojave beige (MB)& indium grey. Saw both colours at the dealer, after we had ordered. No MB available to see when we ordered.

Husband really liked the MB but didn't like it with the light coloured seats fabric/ leather options.We had decided on the light grey leather ( fake) option which is great.
So we went for the indium grey ,looks great with our light coloured seats & dark grey Brandrup cab carpet.
Changed our order from MB to indium grey.

Colours, names etc mean nothing. What matters is the enjoyment you get from owning a California. I have a MB and love it but to be honest would love it no matter the colour.

I often joke that here in Switzerland they must have banned anything that might be considered at all colourful. If you pay attention here, there are very few cars on the road that are not White, Black or Grey!

Not true! ;)

img_4302-jpg.16080

img_4308-jpg.16081

img_4311-jpg.16082

As someone else said don't be boring! Get some colour in your life...

We have a Mojave Beige or warm silver (I like that...). It looks very classy.

But they all look good.

My 19 year old told me to go Mojave Beige. He said it was the best colour. But it had to be white in the end, though it was a toss up between Oryx white and Indium Grey for us. Lets face it, it's going to look stunning in MB, IG or OW, so go with the coulour you prefer, not what everyone else tells you to get. I asked my dealer to get both his vans out into the daylight and he did without hesitation, even though the Oryx white was behind the Indium Grey model. If it's too much trouble to do something for you before the sale whats he going to be like once you have parted with your money.

We couldn't decide between the mojave beige (MB)& indium grey. Saw both colours at the dealer, after we had ordered. No MB available to see when we ordered.

Husband really liked the MB but didn't like it with the light coloured seats fabric/ leather options.We had decided on the light grey leather ( fake) option which is great.
So we went for the indium grey ,looks great with our light coloured seats & dark grey Brandrup cab carpet.
Changed our order from MB to indium grey.

Hi Calimera - please would it be possible to see a pic of this? Really struggling for which colour carpet to get for our IG and you might be able to swing it for us

Back