Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help please choosing between Indium Grey and Mojave Beige for new Cali

IMG_0193.JPG
Snap Sue.
Our Cali first trip in France September 2016
Really pleased with colour & 150 DSG.

Hi Speleo62, spelled you name wrong so not sure if you will have seen my previous post. Can you tell me where you got those cushions please?

mXlAZaO6Xm_UPuZzxqfTdVA.jpg

How about this for a cushion/quilting fabric?? There are plenty more........ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fat-Quart...Quilting-Fabric-Nutex-50-x-55cm-/390789682126

Hi Speleo62, spelled you name wrong so not sure if you will have seen my previous post. Can you tell me where you got those cushions please?
I made them, got material from eBay 1 metre for £9, I'vealso got a pvc table cloth that matches.

Thank you so much for everyone's posts, really helpful. We eventually decided on Indium grey as it was the one my husband was leaning more towards, although to be honest either colour would look fantastic. We decided, on the morning and after a test drive in their 150 DSG demo, to go with the automatic gearbox and we are really pleased we did as it makes the Cali feel just that bit more special.
Thank you once again
Well done. You will enjoy I am sure as the Cali gives you freedom like no other. Hence mine is FreeSpirit
Look at this youtube video for 2017 - mine was 2017 model build and faultless. Although I have manual by choice -personal preference.

Last edited:
I have a MB , have seen it like that in showroom before buying, grey is the last colour I would choose.
everyone who sees our car says spontanous it is a nice colour..
And easy to tell how it looks like : all pictures in the brochure..

If it helps we have a T5 which is Sand Beige Metallic and it looks like a block of gold! Absolutely ace. Hides the dirt well, and looks brilliant particularly after cleaning (quite rare).
So, I suggest forget all this hangup about 'beige' and gofor the Mojave Beige, it looks great in rheinphotos. You have probably got it by now though!

For the first time in a good 3-4 months, I washed my Mojave Biege Ocean yesterday. If it wasn't for the salt that had accumulated over the last week, you would never had known the difference! :eek::shocked;)

We chose white on the bases that we will camp in spring/summer and it will be hot/warm (hopefuly)

White stays cooler than dark colours hence the silver coloured awning.

For the first time in a good 3-4 months, I washed my Mojave Biege Ocean yesterday. If it wasn't for the salt that had accumulated over the last week, you would never had known the difference! :eek::shocked;)

We plumped for candy white over mohave beige in the end. We now have a two tone van by default as the bottom half is very mohave beige-like from all the salt and road muck it has collected from its travels. Hey Ho, a trip to the jet wash this weekend perhaps...

It's a personal choice that only you can make. However if you like both colours it doesn't really matter which one you go for. Anyway Cali ownership is mainly about what happens inside the vehicle. Our ex demo SE is Black and the last colour we would have chosen but it makes no difference to how we feel about our van. It's utterly brilliant.

Last edited:
We plumped for candy white over mohave beige in the end. We now have a two tone van by default as the bottom half is very mohave beige-like from all the salt and road muck it has collected from its travels. Hey Ho, a trip to the jet wash this weekend perhaps...

Same here, the edition sticker are not needed it is covered in dirt.

Same here, the edition sticker are not needed it is covered in dirt.
So glad for you.......I mean, colour names with "Grey" and "Beige" in them.....;)...only kidding!

Between the two my choice would be Mojave. We were sick of grey and wanted something that would not show up so many of the small scratches that appear as if by magic. In the end I chose neither and went for white, thought the grey and beige were to road coloured especially around country lanes etc.

I'm sure if that's your only dilemma you are in a pretty good place, the are all nice, but some are nicer than others ;-)

...message ends...

In case anyone is still stuck over these colours. I hope the photos help below. I hired 2 new 2019 Californias this year. The first a being Indium grey and the other Mojave Beige.

I loved the visual enhancements of the ABT body kit added to the Indium grey Ocean. Give it, to my eyes anyway, quite a beefy stance and its not often I see an ocean esp a new one wearing a body kit. Enjoyed that. Appealed to the boy in me.

However, I really loved the more natural tones zinging off the Mojave Beige esp when sparkling clean. Added to the Chrome pack and Those 18" Toluca (is it?) alloys it looked immensley classy. The colour really lends itself to its surroundings adding just enough of those natural tones as to fit in with the greenery around it rather than fighting against it and proclaiming 'Im here!!' .

In the sameway as fitting in, I can see how it could be seen as boring or understated or even 'old manish' as it doesnt do alot of shouting as a shade.

However 'Warm Silver' is definitely the one for me!. Very classy looking. Imo. :)

Indum Grey :
20190524_112954.jpg
20190527_114349.jpg
20190527_114303.jpg
20190527_185901.jpg

Mojave Beige now newly known as Warm Silver
20191022_035241.jpg

20191122_222202.jpg
20190805_202713.jpg

20190829_183511.jpg

Last edited:
The exact 2 colours that were top of my list.
A metallic silver/grey is popular on so many vehicles for good reason, alas thats why I have had them sooo many times.
On the Ocean I went for Mojave and I agree with pretty much everything @Sunstoner says.
When clean (hthmm :eek:) like most its at its best and it really oozes class. It takes a lot of weather and travel to slowly transform to a dirty look which mine has now and it still gives a warm fuzzy feeling when parked amongst the masses.

We opted for 'saind beige' for our T5, which is similair to the 'mojave beige'. When there's sunshine, it's almost silver/greyish. When its overcast, it's beige, which I prefer. The 'mojave beige' is a bit darker then the 'sand beige' so I would love that one.

We opted for 'saind beige' for our T5, which is similair to the 'mojave beige'. When there's sunshine, it's almost silver/greyish. When its overcast, it's beige, which I prefer. The 'mojave beige' is a bit darker then the 'sand beige' so I would love that one.

The beige shades do get all silvery in the right (or wrong) light. I quite like that about the colour. A bit of duality going on. :)

Back