Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help please choosing between Indium Grey and Mojave Beige for new Cali

If you care about ease of future resale and you're struggling to choose between the two colours then Grey would probably be the most sensible choice. Silver / Grey / Black seem to be a safe choice, where as Blackberry, Beige, Yellow, Red, White divide opinion.

If you don't care about resale then just go whichever one you like best :)

IMG_0128.JPG
Hi Calimera - please would it be possible to see a pic of this? Really struggling for which colour carpet to get for our IG and you might be able to swing it for us

Husband has taken the Cali to work. Will post a better photo later.
The brandrup carpet is titanium black ( looks dark grey)T5 carpet,it was bought VWCamperShop Netherlands. Only bought the cab,boot & large drawer carpet.No T6 carpet available at the time.
Use a washable dunelm rug on top when we have the dogs with us.

Husband has taken the Cali to work. Will post a better photo later.
The brandrup carpet is titanium black ( looks dark grey)T5 carpet,it was bought VWCamperShop Netherlands. Only bought the cab,boot & large drawer carpet.No T6 carpet available at the time.
Use a washable dunelm rug on top when we have the dogs with us.

Thank you! Looks great - was intending to get the Moonrock Grey carpet but now I like your one too. Decisions!

For me this is a post I can relate to. When ordering my T6 Ocean my first choice was red for the simple reason that it was a "free" colour and was safer, can easily be seen. The wife and friends did not agree with my colour choice, saying a red California would look like a Royal Mail / Post office van! I had also started to think again about Red, there are times that it might be better to be discreet and not stand out. When placing the order I had taken photos of the showroom demonstrator Grey California which everybody much preferred. So, despite the extra cost, phoned the dealer and changed the order from Red to Indium Grey. The next week visited the dealer again, who confirmed that the order colour had indeed been changed from Red to Indium Grey, only to then find out that the demonstrator, which looked Grey, was in fact a Mojave Beige. Now in my home the carpet colour is Beige and the so called Mojave Beige is nothing like my carpet colour. However, we liked the Mojave Biege so the colour choice was, for a third and final time, changed to the lovely Mojave Beige, which I am convinced I will not regret.
Good luck with your choice!

The best advice I can give is to try and see the vans in the flesh. Do not go by the small colour samples in the showroom. You have to see the vans in the flesh to get a real impression. I did and chose Mojave Beige and the dealer agreed as it was his preferred choice and an easy seller. It does not look like a van as it has more class;) but to be frank - choose what you like best. Good luck :thumb.

Had a grey T5, going for grey T6 .... enough said, but did hanker for the white, but hate washing vehicles.....

For me this is a post I can relate to. When ordering my T6 Ocean my first choice was red for the simple reason that it was a "free" colour and was safer, can easily be seen. The wife and friends did not agree with my colour choice, saying a red California would look like a Royal Mail / Post office van! I had also started to think again about Red, there are times that it might be better to be discreet and not stand out. When placing the order I had taken photos of the showroom demonstrator Grey California which everybody much preferred. So, despite the extra cost, phoned the dealer and changed the order from Red to Indium Grey. The next week visited the dealer again, who confirmed that the order colour had indeed been changed from Red to Indium Grey, only to then find out that the demonstrator, which looked Grey, was in fact a Mojave Beige. Now in my home the carpet colour is Beige and the so called Mojave Beige is nothing like my carpet colour. However, we liked the Mojave Biege so the colour choice was, for a third and final time, changed to the lovely Mojave Beige, which I am convinced I will not regret.
Good luck with your choice!

We wanted a RED Cali, but the free colour was not available in Metallic and I thought plain red would look flat. so we opted for the Mojave Beige. it is a lovely colour, however out and about on our travels we have seen a Red 4 motion cali and it looked stunning. The black windows, awning and rails and black wheels really set it off, oh boy we made the wrong choice of colour..

I'd just like to first of all say hi to everyone. I've found this forum brilliant for information about the California and I'm writing my first question on a forum ever so apologies if I get anything wrong!

I'm just about to take the plunge and order our first California ocean t6 and we've decided on the options we want to go for but are struggling to decide on the colour! We've narrowed it down to either Indium grey or Mojave beige.

I would really appreciate any opinions you all have about the two colours. We've been along to our local vw showroom who have a California ocean in Indium grey but it's in the showroom under all the lights and the sales person said that he thought it may be making the paintwork look lighter grey and with a slight hint of brownish, taupe colour under the lights (which we liked). He thinks the colour is more of a darker, more grey colour outside. While we were there we also saw what I think was a transporter with windows that we were told was in the mojave colour but it was quite sunny outside and the colour looked like it had a slight pinkish hint to it which looked different to the colour in the brochure.

I'd really value your thoughts on the two colours as we're desperate to get our order in as I understand there's such a long wait! Thank you everyone for your help.
If you are over 50 go for Beige, under 50 Grey all the way

If it helps, I always try to buy a metallic or pearlescent colour because it does not show the dirt.
A friend who passes the end of the road every day and sees the van is convinced that I wash it every day..... I don't, I am a once a month man!

Mine is sand beige pearlescent (known in our house as rolled gold!). It is a T5

I had exactly the same dilemma - grey or beige. It's all very well folks saying choose the colour you prefer, but I presume you asked the question, because like me, you don't know. Initially I chose grey (classic and safe in my mind), but later changed it to beige. Less of them for a start and judging by most comments grey will still outnumber beige. I haven't got my van yet, or seen one in the flesh, but interestingly VW seem to choose beige for their adverts. I'm over 50 unfortunately!

IMG_0196.JPG
Hi Calimera - please would it be possible to see a pic of this? Really struggling for which colour carpet to get for our IG and you might be able to swing it for us
Hi Lewis
A bit later than promised, not a great photo but you can see titanium black carpet,more dark grey. Had monster mats in the front.
Note the new VW camper sales trade partner on here soon to start business ,will be stocking the titanium black.

IMG_1468.JPG
Hi all
We picked up our new Ocean in Starlight Blue last week and he is a stunner! Go with your heart not what everyone else thinks!

Thank you everyone for your comments, really appreciated. As Stephen mentioned I really don't know which one I prefer. Frustrating as I've decided on all of my options just not the colour!

I was waiting to turn out of a side road the other day and watched a 16 plate indium grey caravelle come past me. My impression was that as I watched it from the front it looked very dark grey, nearly almost black, and then as it went past the back looked a very, I suppose I would call it a flat grey colour, whereas photos I've seen of it look a richer colour. I'd really appreciate if anyone who knows the colour could give me some idea as to how light/dark the colour looks outside on most days.

Concerning the Mojave beige, again I seem to see the colour range (mainly on the internet) from what looks like a slight green/gold beige to a slightly pinkish mink colour to light silver/putty colour. Again would really appreciate people's thoughts on what the colour looks like in outside conditions most of the time.

My husband would be happy to go with either (think he just wants it ordered!) but I know it will bother me if I think I've ordered the wrong colour as we probably won't be fortunate enough to be in the position of ordering a new one again.

Thank you everyone for your comments, really appreciated. As Stephen mentioned I really don't know which one I prefer. Frustrating as I've decided on all of my options just not the colour!

I was waiting to turn out of a side road the other day and watched a 16 plate indium grey caravelle come past me. My impression was that as I watched it from the front it looked very dark grey, nearly almost black, and then as it went past the back looked a very, I suppose I would call it a flat grey colour, whereas photos I've seen of it look a richer colour. I'd really appreciate if anyone who knows the colour could give me some idea as to how light/dark the colour looks outside on most days.

Concerning the Mojave beige, again I seem to see the colour range (mainly on the internet) from what looks like a slight green/gold beige to a slightly pinkish mink colour to light silver/putty colour. Again would really appreciate people's thoughts on what the colour looks like in outside conditions most of the time.

My husband would be happy to go with either (think he just wants it ordered!) but I know it will bother me if I think I've ordered the wrong colour as we probably won't be fortunate enough to be in the position of ordering a new one again.

Just beware that VW do have a non metallic ordinary grey if u see one on the road, which is much flatter. Good luck with your choice. I still wasn't sure when I finally decided but am sure that I will be happy.

You have seen the indium grey in the flesh but still unsure. As before I suggest you wait till you see the mojave beige rather than our suggestions. It is a big investment and has to be your decision alone. I love mojave beige but that was my choice. Phone around VW dealers to see if there is one near with the colours to let you decide.

Thanks for your comments. I did seen a mojave transporter with windows once on the road and once when one happened to be at a dealers but both times it looked a different colour. From your experience of owning one would you describe the colour as more of a pinky gold (if that's the right way to describe it) or a duller green yellow gold. Many thanks

c3538728ed2d9b6fc3ac604253649904.jpg

Thank you so much for sending pictures through. All your vans looks lovely.

I saw an Indium grey at Bury St Edmunds.
It was a very sophisticated colour.

Indium Grey in arctic sunlight, the closest you can get to Mojave Beige ;)

View media item 1120
Bought second hand at decent price, this was more important to me than the colour anyway.
As to cleanliness factor: I'd say from far they will not look dirty, but from closer that's another story.
Light grey (rented model in 2014) is the colour to go in my opinion if you wish to wash it less.

Thank you so much for everyone's posts, really helpful. We eventually decided on Indium grey as it was the one my husband was leaning more towards, although to be honest either colour would look fantastic. We decided, on the morning and after a test drive in their 150 DSG demo, to go with the automatic gearbox and we are really pleased we did as it makes the Cali feel just that bit more special.
Thank you once again

Back