Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Busfest 2014

Derry said:
Hi Freaks
I got a 9yr old and 12yr old looking forward to being at busfest for another year
see ya there

Very much looking forward to it. :bananadance

We have just booked up to for the Cali area, went last year but this will be our first time camping. Look forward to seeing you all there.

:bananadance

Steve & Rachel

I was hoping a few more of my fellow Cali owners would have signed up by now for Busfest :?

Would be great to get a nice little camp going for a few days :thumb

Not my cup of tea I am afraid, we did it a few years ago and the facilities had a lot to be desired :crazy

If you are expecting to find 5 star Camping facilities at Busfest then you will be a bit disappointed. :cry:

BUT, the Camping facilities are basic, but good with many fixed welfare blocks around the site. We hire in a whole load more ablutions to service the extra area we take on for the event.

The Showground itself has has had a lot of new facilities installed over the past few years. If you have any doubts check out this link; http://www.threecounties.co.uk/

(or come and see for yourself!) :bananadance :bananadance

We will also be there at the Three Counties Show in June

:cool:

http://www.busfest.org

BUSFEST NEWS – JULY 2014

Just a gentle reminder folks that you have just 4 WEEKS now to get you CAMPING spot booked at this years event

We will close the advance bookings at the end of this month (or when we are full)

The CAMPING AREAS are filling up FAST & if you want to be in one of the areas where we have limited space (Dog Free Family Camping or Langdale Wood) then you need to get your bookings in NOW to avoid disappointment.

I was hoping that a lot more CALIFORNIA owners would have booked their tickets by now. There is still time for that to happen & for us to have a similar sized (impressive) lineup of vehicles to some of the many other clubs that attend.

For those of you who have not been with us before BUSFEST is the largest truely International gathering of VW Transporters on the planet.

You will not be disappointed by what we have to offer or what you will see or experience while you are at Malvern.

I will be at the Cali's at the Farm event with the Busfest Cali in a couple of weeks. If anyone would like more information (or possibly book themselves in) then that is (also) another good place to be :bananadance

ADVANCE BOOKING & FULL DETAILS on what we have lined up for you at this year’s event can be found on our website;

http://WWW.BUSFEST.ORG

Just in case you need reminding, or are coming to Busfest for the first time & want to see a few pictures from previous BUSFESTS here is an INDEX & LINKS to ALL of the BUSFEST Picture albums;

https://www.facebook.com/notes/busfest/ ... 7441789374

symcro said:
BUSFEST NEWS – JULY 2014

Just a gentle reminder folks that you have just 4 WEEKS now to get you CAMPING spot booked at this years event

We will close the advance bookings at the end of this month (or when we are full)

The CAMPING AREAS are filling up FAST & if you want to be in one of the areas where we have limited space (Dog Free Family Camping or Langdale Wood) then you need to get your bookings in NOW to avoid disappointment.

I was hoping that a lot more CALIFORNIA owners would have booked their tickets by now. There is still time for that to happen & for us to have a similar sized (impressive) lineup of vehicles to some of the many other clubs that attend.

For those of you who have not been with us before BUSFEST is the largest truely International gathering of VW Transporters on the planet.

You will not be disappointed by what we have to offer or what you will see or experience while you are at Malvern.

I will be at the Cali's at the Farm event with the Busfest Cali in a couple of weeks. If anyone would like more information (or possibly book themselves in) then that is (also) another good place to be :bananadance

ADVANCE BOOKING & FULL DETAILS on what we have lined up for you at this year’s event can be found on our website;

Just in case you need reminding, or are coming to Busfest for the first time & want to see a few pictures from previous BUSFESTS here is an INDEX & LINKS to ALL of the BUSFEST Picture albums;

Hi quite keen to come how do we book in the Cal area??

And will dogs be welcome there....

Thanks

Shaun & Vic

Hi Shaun & Vic,

Booking you Camping Spot for BUSFEST.

It is very easy really.

On the busfest website there is a special area in the CLUB Ticket booking System just for VW California's.

It is located here: http://www.busfestorders.org/product/14/california-club

:bananadance

You will need to book 2 adult Tickets (if it is just you 2 coming) plus one camping space pass for you Cali. Children up to & including 16 years of age have free entry.

Just remember you only have a couple of more weeks to do this we will close our bookings on July 31st.

As it stands at the moment we have just 25 spaces left in the California Club Camping Area. The will (now) not be there for long.

http://www.busfest.org

AlternativeKim said:
Not my cup of tea I am afraid, we did it a few years ago and the facilities had a lot to be desired :crazy

That's part of the appeal i have been going since 1998 haven't missed a year. Just to say cc & ccc sites are only a couple of miles away for a was and brush up on sunday night, it's a great weekend.

John :cool

It was nice to meet so many new faces at Warren Farm. We hope to see some of you again at our Busfest Event in September.

Just a reminder though for those of you who may still be making up you minds whether to come and see an event which will somewhat different to your usual camping type event, we will be closing all of our bookings for camping in a week or so;

AS PER;

BUSFEST NEWS – JULY 2014

Just a gentle reminder folks that you have just over ONE WEEK left now to get you CAMPING spot booked at this years event

We will close the advance bookings at the end of this month (or when we are full), .............both of which are getting very close now)

The CAMPING AREAS have filled up FAST & if you want to be in one of the areas where we have limited space (Dog Free Family Camping or Langdale Wood) or ANY of the other areas (Including CLUB AREAS) then you need to get your bookings in NOW to avoid disappointment.

Here are a few NEW things for this year;

We will have 2 GOLDEN TICKETS to be drawn over the weekend.

One of our Sponsors (CAMPERVAN GIFTS) has very generously donated

2 MASSIVE CHESTS (YES, that's got a few more of you looking now ) of prizes to give away to 2 lucky (campers that have booked ticket through our booking systems.

JEZ AVERY and his amazing motorcycle Stunt team will be running along (and possibly on & over as well! ) our own Busfest Synco Obstacle Course in our Live Events arena.

The BUSFEST Show & Shine (which takes Place on the Sunday will have its own Arena this year. This will give everybody a lot more space).

For the Techy people amongst you (or for people who want to see something you don't see every day);

At Central Stage (at the Live Arena) & as part of our SYNCRO DISPLAY our Syncro Crew will be (right in front of your eyes over the weekend), Converting a 2WD T25 Crew Cab into a 4WD T25 Syncro Crew Cab capable of doing some/most of the stunts you will see performed on the Syncro Obstacle Course in the Background. (but not the ones done by the motorbikes! )

(we will also still be running our off road Syncro Trail as well)

We welcome JUNKFISH to our Entertainment Programe. This is a Children's entertainment group who will keep our Busfest Kids occupied for some/most of the weekend.

FOOD; In addition to the Mobile Catering Units (which have been/will be uprated) and the very excellent STOCKMAN'S RESTAURANT, The "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" Snack bar will also be in operation for our event offering a wide range of snacks and very good cooked breakfasts.

The will of course still be most of the other favourites in the program & Live Music at SEVEN Music venues located around the site.

And yes, in addition to a LOT of CALIFORNIA'S being on the site There will be several THOUSAND VW TRANSPORTERS of ALL types and enthusiasts arriving from ALL over Europe and beyond to take part in the biggest and Best festival of this type in the World.

:bananadance :bananadance

Who the he'll goes to this kind of thing :headbang not my cup of tea.loud rave music all night :help

Well I can see that you are probably one person who has never been and is unlikely to even want to come to Malvern :headbang

But just to reassure others who might, we don't actually have "raves all night" (that sort of thing went out about 2 decades ago & never actually got established + Malvern).This year we have Brotherhood of Man & a full Elvis Show which are as about as far removed from rave music as you can possibly get :? , (we also have Folk, Rock & Jazz amongst other musical styles)
The Music at Busfest stops at Midnight (11.30) on Friday night & the site goes quiet so that most of us can and do get a good nights sleep. Those of you who might want to be in even quieter areas can be in one of the many camping areas around the site away from the entertainment & trade areas (or in the very quiet Langdale Wood camp)

I would also say that we try and balance the Music Element with other activities on the programme, there are plenty of static vehicle displays and live action going on all weekend along with a massive trade area to keep everyone occupied.

How many Cali's do you have booked??

Would there be enough to have a representative 'group'.

Many Cali's are booked into other camping areas on the site (as they do/have done every year with other clubs/general & family camping etc),as up until now there has not been a specific area for them to go to if they wanted to be part of a group/club

As as it stands at the moment we have 10 California's booked into the specific California Club area we have set aside for this club. We are/were hoping to that we will get 35 booked into that area by close of play (which will be end of this month).

I did start off a Cali Tally at the beginning of this thread, maybe its time to bring it to the top again so you can see who is actually going

Yep a list of who's going would be useful.

Not that it matters who's going but it would be nice to be represented. :thumb

Not for us anymore I am afraid, we used to go back in the 90's when it was Vanfest, it used to be nice and small back then but now is way too commercial. Maybe I am just getting old :lol:

Bet it will look like this

bugjam1152.jpg

Is that a pic from Busfest??

If so I'm out as it's too crowded.

Best part of £100 for the weekend is a lot, I want to be able to have some room to stand up!!

Its bugjam stu but all these large shows are becoming to commercial and are putting
Profit way before safety. The have lost most of the genuine enthusiasts I prefer
A show like Stanford hall.

In the interest of balance, here is my take:

We will be there.

If you have not been before and are thinking about it, I'd say "go for it!" For the past couple of years we have camped down the road at the CCC site and just visited for the day, last year we came to the conclusion that we were missing out by not being on site.

It is a big show, no question, but that is part of its appeal. if all shows were like Stanford Hall, (which I love by the way) the year would be very boring. Busfest is nothing like Bug Jam! My first Bug Jam was 1990, I then didn't miss one for about 12 years, but I wouldn't dream of camping there now, especially with my children.

Hope a few more of us take the plunge and make the most of this great backdrop to create Z great weekend.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the balanced view Andy.

We are thinking about it and we're not afraid of a bit of noise and a few people around but if it is going to be packed so tight we don't feel able to let our little one play around the van then perhaps it's not for us this year.

Back