Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a Coast: questions

James Robbie

James Robbie

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Personally i now wouldn’t order using a local dealer, go with the best deal you can find in the uk using DTD or Autobid, then service the van locally.
Thanks - I'll loo at those options too.

give one spare key to a trusted friend, that could post out to you if you become keyless.
Good tip!
A heated windscreen could be useful in Scotland and if it’s a daily driver, big high screen to scrape clear, but another costly option.
Good luck
I can see how that would be nice to have. I've had the odd stone fly up in my time though! I'll think about that.
Many thanks

bob_summers

bob_summers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
What do you intend to do regarding the battery?
Haven’t really figured it out - it’s going to be a case of suck it and see. 99% sure I’ll fit solar, leisure batts will hold out over a typical 4 day weekend, but for two weeks without EHU - driving into town every few days or moving between sites won’t be enough to charge them.

Y

yossarian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
And it seems you need to upgrade the wheels to be able to get all-weather tyres! View attachment 76514
Yeah, I went through this exercise dozens of times initially with the coast. In my case I wanted 17" wheels, climatronic, side assist, led lights rear view camera, heated seats and sensors. Nice to have for me was the rear double glazing and digital cockpit, fog lights, panaramic window.

Long story short I wound up ordering a low spec ocean which had all this standard and hopefully will reflect it in resale value.

Ps the side assist might be useful for you driving in Europe...

Last edited:
Y

yossarian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
A heated windscreen could be useful in Scotland and if it’s a daily driver, big high screen to scrape clear, but another costly option.
The ocean (coast too I think) comes with a longish range remote for the parking heater. Not as fast but might work for James and a zero cost option.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The ocean (coast too I think) comes with a longish range remote for the parking heater. Not as fast but might work for James and a zero cost option.
Agree, warm car and All windows are ice free.

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I had an idle session on the Configurator comparing the Coast spec against the Ocean spec in relation to what's included in the price and what I'd consider essential add ons to a Coast.
Result was that the Ocean gave better value for not much more money and could be about the same cost when the Coast was brought up to spec deemed as required.

If worried about the Limo level of tint just look at most saloon Car rear windows and if you don't already have sit in one to double check, neighbour? I find it gives a more relaxed ambience plus privacy for and security from prying eyes when parked as well as when you are inside.

Trudi

Trudi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Speak to the dealer about all weather tyres. We've ordered them on our coast but not upgraded the wheels.
Also go to the comparison sites, print their prices off and ask the dealer if they can come close.

pluc99

pluc99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I don't know about the all weather tires. It sounded like you were planning to go up hills in winter so wouldn't it be better to get a set of no compromise winter tires, especially as you didn't mention getting 4M?

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Agree set of winters on 17inch steels is about £250

VW California Club