Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a first Ocean

OK thanks. I emailed the dealer and explained why we were pulling out, and included the suggestion that they might transfer the deposit to a T6.1, however, said dealer did not even respond to my email!? we had not had personal contact with them, only over phone and email, having used a broker so this may have something to do with it.
Well you could place an order for a T6-1. When they ask for the deposit, tell them that they've already had it. I can't see any sensible dealer arguing with that. If they do then walk.

OK thanks. I emailed the dealer and explained why we were pulling out, and included the suggestion that they might transfer the deposit to a T6.1, however, said dealer did not even respond to my email!? we had not had personal contact with them, only over phone and email, having used a broker so this may have something to do with it.

Pick up the phone to Chris Evans (California Chris). He’s the general sales manager now. Explain the situation, I’d be amazed if they didn‘t let you transfer the deposit.

OK thank you. that is an option I have just emailed the salesman we were dealing with and asked that he confirm the position, as we have not had a reply to our cancellation email....

Again, what value this forum provides. I have had a reply from sales contact at VW, who had not received our email, only been advised by broker of our cancellation. he has confirmed that when the new order is placed, the deposit will stand. We are really just hanging on for the contribution element and free servicing to be introduced. so if anyone knows when this is gonna be, please advise. cheers.

hi
I completely agree with you. I too was going for a T6 and I think, a well priced one, but after serious consideration, cancelled our order, losing deposit, in favour of waiting as you are doing to order T6.1. I want to see a bit more info and hope this will include VW contribution/free servicing before ordering. I also like the new red, but really hope there are no pinky tints and would like to see a sample or an example of the paint colour. Tom at Breeze helpfully advised that the existing Caddy already comes in this shade so I am on the lookout for one.

I've just found this piccy of a Fortana Red Caddy. Quite an intense red under them showroom lights. Love the strong colour though :

fortana_red.JPG

I've just found this piccy of a Fortana Red Caddy. Quite an intense red under them showroom lights. Love the strong colour though :

View attachment 52577
yes its nice colour, but need to view in daylight really. there are so many reds on the road, and i am not sure i like the ones that veer to puce or orange. plenty of time to spot one. BTW....thanks to others' posts on here, i checked with dealer re deposit and first they said they would put it towards next one, then THEY said it would make more sense to refund it to me now and take again on next order. Win win. now will be £500 better off then i had thought. I just never dreamed I would get it back. (that was Liverpool)

yes its nice colour, but need to view in daylight really. there are so many reds on the road, and i am not sure i like the ones that veer to puce or orange. plenty of time to spot one. BTW....thanks to others' posts on here, i checked with dealer re deposit and first they said they would put it towards next one, then THEY said it would make more sense to refund it to me now and take again on next order. Win win. now will be £500 better off then i had thought. I just never dreamed I would get it back. (that was Liverpool)

Good news that esp if you thought youd lost it. :thumb

I possibly may have to create another post..but its just a quickie for you knowledgeable folk outhere.... The road fund license. Am I right in believing that the Cali sits in the top bracket at £2135.00 ? - meant with 199bhp 4motion :)

Last edited:
I possibly may have to create another post..but its just a quickie for you knowledgeable folk outhere.... The road fund license. Am I right in believing that the Cali sits in the top bracket at £2135.00 ? - meant with 199bhp 4motion :)
Just ordered a T6.1 199 DSG 4Motion and the VED is only £1870 !

My quote says £2,135 and if you check the DVLA website if the vehicle is valued at over £40k then I think it should be £2,135.

My quote says £2,135 and if you check the DVLA website if the vehicle is valued at over £40k then I think it should be £2,135.
Thats interesting.

When I looked at the VED table I assumed it would be the £1815 bracket with the CO2 being under 255g\km . Mind you I can see £2135 lurking in next column.
Screenshot_20191112-202441_Chrome.jpg

I spoke to a nice chap at Liverpool this morning. The 199PS 4Motion is indeed £2135 for the first year and £450 for years 2-5 and £140 for year 6 for the road fund licence.

He also mentioned as @jillyfish suggested that there are no contributions being offered yet on the T6.1 whilst they shift the T6 and that they should know more come January.

I'd try a different dealer. If you want to know more on the deal I have pm me.

I spoke to a nice chap at Liverpool this morning. The 199PS 4Motion is indeed £2135 for the first year and £450 for years 2-5 and £140 for year 6 for the road fund licence.

when i was quoted for T6.1 150PS a couple weeks back, noted that the first year's VED was stated as 2135 and i questioned it and posted on here, think was advised that the VED was not yet confirmed on the new model. be interested to know if the 150 falls into the lower bracket due to emissions (as i think the T6 did)

Funnily enough I queried what the VED would be on the non 4Motion 199PS and that was in the next bracket down and given that the CO2 is even less on the 150bhp I would have thought that it would be another bracket down again.

re VED, just had a quick chat with James at Liverpool and he confirmed that the VEDs are still to be confirmed for the T6.1 and this will not be known until production is complete on the range. having been quoted at the top charge rate, i guess should the 150 drop into lower bracket, the price will come down. On contribution, have also been told that VW are currently providing £500 contribution for cash purchase (I think thats what he said)

and 2 years free servicing included also. (he might have referred to the £500 as a 'contribution' but something similar).

Hi @jillyfish

I found this YT vid of the Caravelle in Fortana Red. Has a very orangey tint to it under the display lights but I tihnk it gives the best hint yet of what the Cali T6.1 will look like.

Looks rather different to the Caddy image I posted earlier. hhmm

Fortana Red Caravelle (German)

weird. doesnt even look like metallic paint to me, let alone the same shade. thanks - will def wait to see it in person.