Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac Safari Chef 2 Packing Away

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Ok. So now I’m the proud owner of a Safari Chef 2 HP.

Anyone have an idiots guide to packing it all away in the little bag? i.e. what order does it stack in?

Sorry if there’s already a thread on it - I’ve ‘tapatalked’ it but couldn’t find one and the instructions don’t mention it.
Thanks Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. Found it in very small writing!

baaec35e4593da20481947ee4f6ee274.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. So now I’m the proud owner of a Safari Chef 2 HP.

Anyone have an idiots guide to packing it all away in the little bag? i.e. what order does it stack in?

Sorry if there’s already a thread on it - I’ve ‘tapatalked’ it but couldn’t find one and the instructions don’t mention it.
Thanks Stu

Skip to the 14 minute mark.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skip to the 14 minute mark.

Thanks for posting that vid, especially the time of where ton watch from. :thumb

Wok
Chef pan
Grill grid
Is that all that is needed on the safari chef 2
I'm about to buy one, best i can find is the 4 piece incl. fat pan for 110€
Is that the going rate?

I don't need a pizza stone.

I bought the Low Pressure QR (quick release) version and find it very easy to use. Made up a couple of hoses and quick releases for the different regulators and simple to use with a 2nd 907 cylinder

Bought the HP butane gas version from an online supplier in June as the local Go Outdoors didn’t have one.

It worked once in our garden before our trip to France and has failed to ignite since using the in built mechanism. It’s disappointing that I’m having to wrangle with the supplier and that CADAC have stated Ishoikd fiddle around with the electrode rather than just accepting the unit/ignition is faulty.

Perhaps the lesson is don’t buy online or don’t buy CADAC...let you know how I get on!

Thanks for posting that vid, especially the time of where ton watch from. :thumb

Wok
Chef pan
Grill grid
Is that the going rate?

Try Gooutdoors. Got mine for £62 with their discount card that costs £5 a year.

The Cadac Safari Chef 2 Paella pan is the most useful bit of kit, can cook pretty much anything in it & very easy to clean.

I always had an issue with the paella pan part - the lack of non-stick and the use of basic paint meant that on mine everything seemed to stick like glue.....

Wok
Chef pan
Grill grid
Is that the going rate?

Pizza stone is a massive winner here. It came free with my Cadac from Camping International Gillingham and has made many an easy-peasy first-night meal. Take a tape measure to the supermarket though - an oversize pizza is incredibly awkward!

Pizza stone is a massive winner here. It came free with my Cadac from Camping International Gillingham and has made many an easy-peasy first-night meal. Take a tape measure to the supermarket though - an oversize pizza is incredibly awkward!

It took us at least three scorched pizzas to work out that the pizza stone needs to go on top of the griddle. But agree, coleslaw salad and Cadac pizza makes a quick and easy Friday night meal.

We have a couple of extra tops which I put at the bottom of the bag. Ended up taking the following picture which I keep on my phone. 38C8E14A-2F94-46B7-8C6D-9E59BA326CFF.jpeg

Can I suggest cardboard discs between the cooking surfaces to protect them otherwise a good product as far as I can see.....do not buy the Cadac cleaner as you can’t use it on the coated non sick surfaces and generally it’s those that get mucky...the other bits generally don’t get burnt on stuff and can be stuck in a dishwasher when you get home

I always had an issue with the paella pan part - the lack of non-stick and the use of basic paint meant that on mine everything seemed to stick like glue.....

we use something similar to this on our griddle pans & Dutch oven and works well, it’s designed for cast iron but might be worth trying:

The Cadac Paella pan (comes with a stainless steel lid) that we have was bought separately, not as part of the stove, the non-stick on ours works well, are we talking of a different item? Ours is this one. 1615715464734.png

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just watched that vid.out of interest and so glad that I did as I didn't realise there was a zip compartment in the top! Every day is a school day!!

I really like the Cadac, but the piezo igniter has generally not worked reliably, sparks great but no gas ignition. I found putting the lid on then running the gas for 5 seconds was best as the small explosion usually lit it. I now use a high voltage igniter I got from Amazon for £10 or so

Back