Cadec bbq - how to fuel it

H

HKRC

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I’ve got a Cadec Safari Chef LP bbq and plan to use it in my new California. But does this mean I should keep it fitted to a separate Campingaz 907 canister to the one in the van or is it better to plug it into the one in the van? I’m even wondering if it’d be better to get the Cadec power pack with three canisters. Seems a little dangerous to have an extra 907 in the van which is not in the gas safe so I’m not sure what’s best here. Thanks for any guidance.

Many of us carry and use a spare 907. Either as a backup for the main bottle, since one is not always easy to find when travelling, or/and for the Cadac. With the screw cap, there is no particular risk.

C500 Cartridges here.
I did contemplate connecting to the 907, even looked at adapting the van connector to use both, but decided that was probably more hassle than necessary, and using the 907 alone means removing the bottle and connecting a new regulator etc... easier (and tidier) to just attach a can underneath and carry a spare.
Just my opinion

I’ve got a Cadec Safari Chef LP bbq and plan to use it in my new California. But does this mean I should keep it fitted to a separate Campingaz 907 canister to the one in the van or is it better to plug it into the one in the van? I’m even wondering if it’d be better to get the Cadec power pack with three canisters. Seems a little dangerous to have an extra 907 in the van which is not in the gas safe so I’m not sure what’s best here. Thanks for any guidance.
Just use cartridges. Much smaller than carting about a second bottle or taking your existing one out. We still on our first 907 and just one cartridge easily lasts a few weekends.

Just use cartridges. Much smaller than carting about a second bottle or taking your existing one out. We still on our first 907 and just one cartridge easily lasts a few weekends.
Same for us. £1.99 per cartridge in home bargains. One lasts a week easily.