Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calafornia beach

T

themd

Hello everybody,
Very much soon I shall be in the very fortunate position to buy my first t5. I have been looking at everything from combi vans to full camper conversions, the reason is I have a twin axel caravan and it has to tow that.
I have now started looking at the calafornia because once you buy a nearly new panel van pay the vat then pay for a full proper conversion you are over the 30k anyway and more nearer the 40k for something proper!!
I have now been looking at the calafornia beach? A model that I didn't know exsisted till now!! And I am well impressed !! Will do everything I want , tow my van (140 bhp) and great for spontAnious nights away!!

My big question to you guys who have one is what's the depreciation like with this model? I don't want to spend a shy over £30k and loose a load in the first two yeArs!!! Lol

Any advice will be greatly received

Kind regards

Isn't that every vehicle! The first 2 years is always the killer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

themd said:
Hello everybody,
Very much soon I shall be in the very fortunate position to buy my first t5. I have been looking at everything from combi vans to full camper conversions, the reason is I have a twin axel caravan and it has to tow that.
I have now started looking at the calafornia because once you buy a nearly new panel van pay the vat then pay for a full proper conversion you are over the 30k anyway and more nearer the 40k for something proper!!
I have now been looking at the calafornia beach? A model that I didn't know exsisted till now!! And I am well impressed !! Will do everything I want , tow my van (140 bhp) and great for spontAnious nights away!!

My big question to you guys who have one is what's the depreciation like with this model? I don't want to spend a shy over £30k and loose a load in the first two yeArs!!! Lol

Kind regards

It is a new vehicle and no one knows - the full Cali is a known quantity and the UK car buyer has a well established relationship with all things camper especially one with a VW badge on the front.

The Beach is unlikely to follow this because the UK market has remained wary of these types of vans/multivans/day vans.

As someone said, you always lose a chunk after the first two years, the question is will the Beach be considered a sales success, this will ultimately determine the resale value.

I am afraid it is going to be a wait and see situation.

James

Totally agree, I looked at vans with similar spec but without the pop top and other extra's of the beach to gauge it. TBH thou its not really the sort of vehicle you buy if your worried about depreciation :thumb

James said:
themd said:
Hello everybody,

Kind regards

It is a new vehicle and no one knows - the full Cali is a known quantity and the UK car buyer has a well established relationship with all things camper especially one with a VW badge on the front.

The Beach is unlikely to follow this because the UK market has remained wary of these types of vans/multivans/day vans.

As someone said, you always lose a chunk after the first two years, the question is will the Beach be considered a sales success, this will ultimately determine the resale value.

I am afraid it is going to be a wait and see situation.

James

Thank you for the replys
From what you said I totally agree with, we will have to wait and see, I think I shall be doing my sums and looking at the full California.

Kind regards I'll let you know my decision:)