Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

• Next Club Meet:
    Slimbridge in Gloucestershire on 17th-19th May (last few pitches remaining) More Details Here

Cali’s and Toddlers!

M

MartinH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,

Our are 2.5 and 4.5 now and we've had campers since before they arrived, we've had various sleeping arrangements over last 5 years.

Mun and Day have stayed downstairs all the time

We started out with a moses basket on the front seats, with the seats turned to face each other. Then a tent style travel cot in the roof once she was too big for the basket. We did not trust the safety net alone.

When the second one arrived he got the front seats and moses basket while she was up top

We did last year with the 1.5 year old in a koodi travel cot in the front seats https://www.amazon.co.uk/Koo-Travel-Bubble-Cafe-Cr%C3%A8me/dp/B004O30PAY we got one secondhand and it fits perfectly with the armrests to keep it in place, we also put it on top of a piece of hardboard to give a flat surface. The 3.5 year old in the roof with the safety net, and she likes to have the blind closed. We also have isotop up there to keep in dark.

This year the plan is both in the roof together, out first trip of the year is Easter weekend - lets see how that goes!!!

Volkywagen

Volkywagen

A rolling stone gathers no moss
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our 4 year old loves it up top - he has been up there since he was 3. He is in sleeping bag and thermal PJ's. We leave hatch open but have a safety net and the isotop liner thing which makes it really dark.

He has light up there too which he likes.

We make sure we do bedtime wee, we have a waterproof cover over the mattress. Also we keep a she-wee for him in case of night wee when we don't want to go to toilets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That’s a great point. Just potty training out little guy, I don’t fancy waking up on the bottom bed with a dripping roof.... oh the stains. Can you imagine :Nailbiting

Melanie Day

Melanie Day

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
First night we went he wet the upstairs bed, fortunately our first purchase was a waterproof sheet and luckily our campsite had washing machine so we could wash and dry it for the next night.

So maybe spare PJ's and bedding would be wise.

That was the only time, so fingers crossed we are over the danger period now!

chez786

chez786

Vehicle
Just browsing
Just had our first night away. We slept 1 adult up and 1 down. Our youngest (1 next week) sleep near the tailgate . A cot sheet fitted perfectly on the mattress part and we put a swimming pool noodle under the sheet to avoid any rolling.. I then slept on the rest of the bed when the seat were lowered. The eldest ( 3 going on 13) slept upstairs with daddy. We brought a blow up little life bed ( in the shape of a penguin) that cobined with sleeping in a campervan meant not much slepp was had:thumb.. We were cold though might look at a topper. Didnt put the heating on but will do next time

Melanie Day

Melanie Day

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Just had our first night away. We slept 1 adult up and 1 down. Our youngest (1 next week) sleep near the tailgate . A cot sheet fitted perfectly on the mattress part and we put a swimming pool noodle under the sheet to avoid any rolling.. I then slept on the rest of the bed when the seat were lowered. The eldest ( 3 going on 13) slept upstairs with daddy. We brought a blow up little life bed ( in the shape of a penguin) that cobined with sleeping in a campervan meant not much slepp was had:thumb.. We were cold though might look at a topper. Didnt put the heating on but will do next time
Don't be afraid to wack on the heating, it's the way forward!!!!

Volkywagen

Volkywagen

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Cinema club out of the back worked wonders this weekend

A2A24DF2-CA6E-467D-943D-973B97828F19.jpeg

Melanie Day

Melanie Day

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
will do , our worry was the baby getting too hot as it was such a lovely day.
I would say the heat downstairs feels much hotter than the heat upstairs, when you put your head up you can feel the contrast between the two so we are normally thinking our child is too cold!

Volkywagen

Volkywagen

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
They probably did all that stuff earlier when they woke up at 7.
@johntowers46 that picture was taken at 8pm, after 13 hours of being awake. Other kids in bed. Only one of the children is mine, the others are from the van next door. Perfect way for them to wind down pre story time.
@westfalia correct :thumb

Our Partners