Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Beach insurance for work mileage

C

CaliBeachFi

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi all,
I may need to use my Cali Beach for some occasional work driving in the future. It's my only car, so no other option. I called my insurer (Advance Insurance) who looked at all the companies they source insurance from and found none would insure it for any work mileage. Anyone got any insurer they use for this? Apparently part of the problem is that it's our only car so maybe they suspect we'll do a lot or use it as a builder's van!
TIA

We are with Comfort for business use.

Thanks all. I just called Comfort and they do insure for driving to and from one place of work, but my work is freelance and to different workplaces so they don't cover that. If anyone has had an insurer who covers driving to multiple workplaces, please let me know. Thanks

I have business insurance with Safeguard, it does add £££ though.

On our certificate it states

-Use for social domestic pleasure purposes.
-Use by the policy holder or the policy holders spouse/domestic partner in person in connection with his or her business.

Direct line do it. I have it on my policy.

Im with NFU - they cover business use.

Thanks all. I just called Comfort and they do insure for driving to and from one place of work, but my work is freelance and to different workplaces so they don't cover that. If anyone has had an insurer who covers driving to multiple workplaces, please let me know. Thanks

I’m with Comfort, they initially told me they wouldn’t cover me for my business use, but take a look at this thread that I commented on when I had a similar issue to you with my Ocean...

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/insurers-who-are-you-with.3809/page-10

...you are correct that you need Class 1 Business Use, not standard Business Use, which is essentially to cover commuting mileage. I suspect quite a lot of people are incorrectly insured if they’ve taken out Business Use via online portals.

You just need to get through to the right broker at Comfort, but I would think the Beach would be easier to insure than an Ocean. Best of luck!

On our certificate it states

-Use for social domestic pleasure purposes.
-Use by the policy holder or the policy holders spouse/domestic partner in person in connection with his or her business.
Thanks for that - I'll try them again and hopefully get a different answer!

I’m with LV and they cover business miles to different locations.

Cheaper than my old car insurance as well weirdly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk