Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali depreciation after an accident

Sorry for the late replay, and thanks for the referral to your insurance company for the rental,m hopefully this will be happening in the next couple of days :thumb

My views, from the trade, on paintwork and accident damage;

As long as its done correctly, it will not have any detrimental effect on the value. Just make sure that you carry out a full inspection on the vehcile prior to signing the satisfaction note. To be fair most vehicles on the road, would have had some sort of paintwork carried out on them in their life.

And Im not sure what Tanglefoot is saying, the HPI only shows up the vehicles that have been written off, and are beyond econimical repair. If it is repaired by an insurance company correctly it will not come up on HPI. If it did it would make a mockery of the system. Ive not heard any changes to this system either? If you have any further information on this, Id be happy to look into it from the trade side of things?

That would be my view. I know you can sometimes tell if a car has had front end damage but replacing panels or doors or bumpers, who would know and how many cars on the road have had this done?

James

I would rather buy a van that has had a panel /s replaced than a van that has had a dent knocked out and filled.

Big thing is about getting it done by vw approved repair shop and keep records

Right, I can now clear this up..... Good news! It looks like I was extremely unlucky. I emailed Hpi and the reply is posted below. :D

Bad timing or what :headbang

We would like to take this opportunity to explain that in October 2012 for a very short period, a pilot trial of a new product was in use by certain Motor Traders. This trial product provided assessments submitted by body-shops to Insurance Companies containing details of the recommended repair procedure, parts and labour costs relating to “damage” incurred by the vehicle. We can only assume that it is this trial product that you are referring to.

We can confirm that this product was only trialled for a very short time before it was withdrawn completely and therefore, this information is no longer provided as part of the HPI Trade Check service. There are currently no plans to reintroduce this product to the Motor Trade or make it available to the general Public.

Kind regards

Janette
Name Janette Moger
Title HPI Customer Care Agent

My first question would be can anyone still access this data and if so can you have yours removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is no access to the data anymore, so nothing will show up.

Too late now though as I sold it during that month of October when the trial was on. I got considerably less for my car as a result.

Not happy, but good news for the originator of this thread....

Ian

Id be asking for some compensation

Many thanks for all the feedback guys, we are very much looking forward to getting the Cali from BMVS on Monday :) :thumb

:cool I'd try for the nice dark wood one :laugh2 :laugh2 only joking oli I know it won't be ready till march :laugh2

C&HinNorwich said:
Many thanks for all the feedback guys, we are very much looking forward to getting the Cali from BMVS on Monday :) :thumb

HAZ is all cleaned and ready to go first thing monday. Enjoy.