Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali finally in for roof repair.

Raggedroy

Raggedroy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My Cali was collected today by a very nice AA man in a new flat bed transporter. He delivered a new loan Cali with 92 miles on the clock. Hopefully everything else goes this well with the repair.

The only down side apart from the loan Cali having a DSG gearbox is that it has the 5th seat, how do I get it out?

Mine had 100 miles on the clock and now has 1400! just back from France in it. Not too sure on the DSG box, love it in my car but feels a little lazy in the Cali, however is more down to my driving style I guess as its not a sports car! Happy I have the manual version though. One complaint on the new one was the electric drivers window getting stuck and would not close! Had to drive the last 100 miles in France with the window open 2 inches on the Motorway, a bit noisy!!! Luckily managed to get it to close while waiting for the train at Eurotunnel.
Hopefully you will have better luck than I am having with the roof repair...............

Last edited:
I thought you weren't allowed to go abroad in the loan Calis.
Has this changed?

Not sure as a general rule, but after my Cali is back at the repair shop for the third time and I was already booked and paid to go to France they found a way to insure me with a Green card to use it in Europe. The loan vehicle was dealt with directly by VW UK department "California CV Warranty Recall " and the Insurer was Rival Insurance Services

I have just had a call at 20.55 from vw assist to tell me that my Cali will be delivered back to me tomorrow. Shorade have had it for 7 working days. I'm quite nervous now hoping they have done an exceptional job.

Mine had 100 miles on the clock and now has 1400! just back from France in it. Not too sure on the DSG box, love it in my car but feels a little lazy in the Cali, however is more down to my driving style I guess as its not a sports car! Happy I have the manual version though. One complaint on the new one was the electric drivers window getting stuck and would not close! Had to drive the last 100 miles in France with the window open 2 inches on the Motorway, a bit noisy!!! Luckily managed to get it to close while waiting for the train at Eurotunnel.
Hopefully you will have better luck than I am having with the roof repair...............

I had the same window problem once this summer and it happened in Albania! Far away from home..
After trying to close it and it didn't respond, I stopped, took the key out, put it in and started the engine. The problem disappeared.

I discovered that the fix for that is to drop the window right to the bottom. It should then go back up to the top when the lift motor will stop.

Hold the button up for a further 10 secs and the computer learns where fully up is. It will then raise and lower on auto and manual perfectly.

Alan

Back