Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali-killers....

Got to look over a Ford Nugget at the Carfest South show last weekend.
Some nice features but I have to say I really didn't like the layout.
Way too cluttered around the kitchen area for me and no storage space for van duties.
I can understand it if you must have 5 seats but its no Cali Killer.

Got to look over a Ford Nugget at the Carfest South show last weekend.
Some nice features but I have to say I really didn't like the layout.
Way too cluttered around the kitchen area for me and no storage space for van duties.
I can understand it if you must have 5 seats but its no Cali Killer.
Big bonuses are you can keep a usable loo out whilst using all the beds. And using the kitchen doesn't interfere with the 'lounge' area. And five belted seats.
Downsides are no 'van' option and you have to pop the roof to use the kitchen really.

Not sure if people have seen this yet. I like the fact that someone is trying to do something slightly different with the space, as after all we all have slightly different wants and needs. This could be a good alternative to a Crafter sized van

Not sure if people have seen this yet. I like the fact that someone is trying to do something slightly different with the space, as after all we all have slightly different wants and needs. This could be a good alternative to a Crafter sized van

Looks very similar to a club joker layout

Why are these bigger vans/motorhomes nearly always white? Let's have a bit of imagination from dealers. If VW can do it, so can the motorhome dealers surely.

Why are these bigger vans/motorhomes nearly always white? Let's have a bit of imagination from dealers. If VW can do it, so can the motorhome dealers surely.
White is best at reflecting away heat from the sun while parked.

Yes I guess so, but I'd rather have something a bit more exciting, and open a window. It doesn't get that hot in the UK.

Same as caravans, it’s a cheap pigment and doesn’t fade. Also relatively easy to get a colour match that’s close enough across a number of different materials.

Same as caravans, it’s a cheap pigment and doesn’t fade. Also relatively easy to get a colour match that’s close enough across a number of different materials.
Yes that's true Andy. But somehow it's a shame IMO

Found parked up in Helsinki. A killer - yes. A Cali-killer - NO!

View attachment 85576
Disadvantages: ugly. Advantages: this generation could do 500,000 km or more without a hint of mechanical problems. How far we have fallen! These were robust vehicles. The T5/6 is a great design, but it is fragile, and it will take much more love and sacrifice, financial and otherwise, to keep them on the road. This is especially true now that VW no longer cares about its customers, and actively undermines its dealers who do. Why else would VW not let its own dealers repair the front cap corrosion, instead undermining them by contracting out the work to the lowest bidder, even though the work quality is often, ahem, sing.

Got to wonder what the point of that is, other than looking butch. Pants on space efficiency and fuel efficiency. Hardly a 'go anywhere' vehicle if you can't get it under a beach car park height barrier. It's a No from me.

Now, if it was a Unimog... :Grin
You detach when on site, making it a go anywhere vehicle. They do them for the VW Amarok too.

VW's colour range in the UK is pathetic IMO and with regards to opening a window if it gets too hot that doesn't really work in a hot climate or in the UK on a hot day.

VW's colour range in the UK is pathetic IMO and with regards to opening a window if it gets too hot that doesn't really work in a hot climate or in the UK on a hot day.
Maybe sit outside in the sunshine on a hot day?

Didn’t think it looked as good as the wingamm which they stopped making on the VW base.
Nice option if you want to stick with a T6 base