Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali servicing costs

Gavin123

Gavin123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Had an email reminder for upcoming service and can book on line. Went through the process and there was menu of different servicing options with the costs. As I wasn't sure what service was needed I called the local garage up (Marshall VW Reading). They quoted £367.68 for an oil change service (blooming steep for changing the oil). The online price was £220..... The lady on the phone couldn't explain why the difference. Obviously I booked on line!
Thoughts?

Dealer servicing is both a rip off and how they make their money (alongside warranty claims). The online offer would be via VW, so the dealer has to comply, the phone price is their "walk in price".

Dealers make very little nowadays on new car sales and most of their profit here.

Any dealer can service your van and as long as they comply with the OEM schedule it does not affect your warranty, if you still have one.

If you don't, you should try and find a reputable local non franchise dealer. Or DIY.

Worth looking at their Service deal packages.

Dealer servicing is both a rip off and how they make their money (alongside warranty claims). The online offer would be via VW, so the dealer has to comply, the phone price is their "walk in price".

Dealers make very little nowadays on new car sales and most of their profit here.

Any dealer can service your van and as long as they comply with the OEM schedule it does not affect your warranty, if you still have one.

If you don't, you should try and find a reputable local non franchise dealer. Or DIY.
Thanks. DIY - hmmmm not for me - would be a total disaster!

Had an email reminder for upcoming service and can book on line. Went through the process and there was menu of different servicing options with the costs. As I wasn't sure what service was needed I called the local garage up (Marshall VW Reading). They quoted £367.68 for an oil change service (blooming steep for changing the oil). The online price was £220..... The lady on the phone couldn't explain why the difference. Obviously I booked on line!
Thoughts?
From all my experience at Marshall Reading, give it a wide berth and stay well clear!

Just did the 2yr service pack on mine, £422 all in. Note its not a B service for the second service. Online price is good. I was paying about £255 a few years back for the A service.

From all my experience at Marshall Reading, give it a wide berth and stay well clear!
Thats interesting - last service was there and I was very happy with the service they provided. certainly nothing fell off after driving away anyway! We used SMG Cowfold before and I wasn't impressed. If anyone knows of a decent independent in the Reading area let me know!