Cali T5 Bike rack spares

N

nickreyn

SussexFamily
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello

We have a 2014 Cali and are seeking 2 ideally 3 plastic knobs that close the clamps holding the bikes via the arms, or a suitable alternative suggestion, new or used considered. I have only seen the complete arms being offered so far. All advice would be gratefully received

Nick in Sussex

Campervantastic sell them. £15 each!
https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...e-rack-original-tommy-nut-for-bike-rack-arms/

Thank you, that very swift

Hello

We have a 2014 Cali and are seeking 2 ideally 3 plastic knobs that close the clamps holding the bikes via the arms, or a suitable alternative suggestion, new or used considered. I have only seen the complete arms being offered so far. All advice would be gratefully received

Nick in Sussex
I brought three locking ones from vw main dealer think I paid about £30.00.

I am looking for spares for the same bike rack, specifically a new small arm (slightly bent by previous owner), a new long arm (no key and locked so cannot remove knob). And extension for 4th bike.... is there any third party alternatives or part numbers from VW that anyone can suggest? Thanks

I am looking for spares for the same bike rack, specifically a new small arm (slightly bent by previous owner), a new long arm (no key and locked so cannot remove knob). And extension for 4th bike.... is there any third party alternatives or part numbers from VW that anyone can suggest? Thanks
Contact the Forum shop. Very helpful.

Key numbers are sometimes written on the lock, then just order a new key on ebay. Otherwise try to drill the lock out, or put a large flat head screwdriver over the lock and smack it with a club hammer, then you might be able to get away with just buying a new knob.

Replacement arms:

Hi thanks for the replies... I will contact the club shop. With regards the key number on the lock I thought of this and it doesn’t exist. Drilling lock and opening with a screwdriver is another option I might try as I can see it is possible to buy a new knob.

With regards the T6 arms I am guessing they will not fit a T5 bike rack? Would be ideal if they did

Hi thanks for the replies... I will contact the club shop. With regards the key number on the lock I thought of this and it doesn’t exist. Drilling lock and opening with a screwdriver is another option I might try as I can see it is possible to buy a new knob.

With regards the T6 arms I am guessing they will not fit a T5 bike rack? Would be ideal if they did

Sorry, posted wrong link. I cant post the correct one as the forum wont allow the link; but T5 ones available at camper van tastic website!

Just lever knob off with a screwdriver replacement locking ones are available