Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing Headlight bulbs on new California

I agree the H7 headlight are poor. I use them in combination with the fog lights, this helps reducing their weakness. But not ordering the LED lights was a mistake.
I presume you have adjusted the height of the Headlights using the control on the Dashboard?
Using Foglights in normal weather conditions is contrary to the Highway code and is in fact a traffic offence, although with the lack of traffic police you are likely to get away with it.

Hi I have done this change it is simple.
You just pull the bulb out by force. The two spring clips at 3 and 9 oclock is just holding the bulb. No tools are requered. Do not take out the metal plate that belong to the light. In the manual is old system light with spring wire that is mistake.
I have than a problem to disponnect the black plastic with the wire. As the conntact was holding on the bulb so strong. I think it is nod good production inside the conntact as in the bulb is small hole that secure position. It is hard job as there is no place for my big hands. Good luck
Miroslav
Agreed no clips to remove for bulb release, simply pulled out and pushed in, built in spring clamp keeps them in place.
Easier if you can keep the plug attached to the bulb to use as a 'grip'. Note bulb/plug orientation before removal for correct reinsertion. Access is poor and I took air box and battery out but I also replaced DRL bulbs with LED ones at the same time.