Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calicap de

This is the response email I received from them on Friday when I enquired about delivery to the UK and I mentioned Brexit I also mentioned I was surprised that they had suspended delivery to the UK.
This is the response
Surprised? I have to laugh. You are making the biggest mistake in your history and you are surprised? I do not understand that. It then goes on to say we have released you in the meantime, because you probably participate in the European elections. But not too long then I have to switch off again because the danger that comes to me then is too big! :oops: I feel I have been told off because I mention that I was surprised that they had taken us off the list for delivery presumably over Brexit :) so I put an order in straightaway :thumb
Obviously compared to the mistakes Germany has made in its history?

I think their attitude stinks...!!!
Can’t believe you placed an order with them after that response.
Good luck, if you have any future issues with the slide draw.
I doubt they will have much time for their British customers :rolleyes:

Would you say the same if VW said the same?

Lighten up a bit, he won't be used to the - easily offended brigade.

I think their attitude stinks...!!!
Can’t believe you placed an order with them after that response.
Good luck, if you have any future issues with the slide draw.
I doubt they will have much time for their British customers :rolleyes:

Fortunately I am not easily offended this is one thing I have learnt about the German people and which I have worked with many over the years some have a certain attitude towards the rest of the world they also think Europe is the bees knees and that's why they can't understand the reasoning behind Brexit it is just their way and I must admit I have also worked with English people with the same attitude this world is not perfect and it will never be perfect Europe is not perfect that's why we chose to leave it and I honestly believe that one day the German people and some other countries in Europe will realise this themselves.
P.S. and I don't see why I should lose out on the Cali draw just because he's pissed off with us leaving Europe I'm the one who is benefiting not him and in any case if it was available in the UK I would buy it from the UK.

Last edited:
That’s fair enough Gary.
Hopefully you don’t have any issues with it. I can imagine the response further down the line from CaliCap...:talktothehand

This is the response email I received from them on Friday when I enquired about delivery to the UK and I mentioned Brexit I also mentioned I was surprised that they had suspended delivery to the UK.
This is the response
Surprised? I have to laugh. You are making the biggest mistake in your history and you are surprised? I do not understand that. It then goes on to say we have released you in the meantime, because you probably participate in the European elections. But not too long then I have to switch off again because the danger that comes to me then is too big! :oops: I feel I have been told off because I mention that I was surprised that they had taken us off the list for delivery presumably over Brexit :) so I put an order in straightaway :thumb
That is unfortunate but it’s a well-made product Brexit or not....soon to become a collector’s item maybe? I’m pleased I’ve ordered and received one despite the shenanigans. As expected, the instructions were in German but I was able to Google translate and it all made sense once written down and assembly started. Good luck

the point I think missing in all this. political beliefs to one side for a minute here, if a company treats you like a twat, why use that company?
its small price to pay for independence is not having a german drawer

Can the forum shop work on producing these shelf kits?, i'm sure they would be very popular.
Edit, just read post 13, seems they might be. :thumb

Last edited:
That is unfortunate but it’s a well-made product Brexit or not....soon to become a collector’s item maybe? I’m pleased I’ve ordered and received one despite the shenanigans. As expected, the instructions were in German but I was able to Google translate and it all made sense once written down and assembly started. Good luck

I could not agree with you more I already purchased one for my beach the quality is exceptional that's why I was disappointed when I discovered that they had taken the UK of their delivery list it was a simple question and I got a stupid email back and yes it is ridiculous that a company treats their customers in this way and if it was not for me working with Germans previously I would not purchased from them again but like I said in my last post Germans just do not get Brexit that's why I have ordered a shelf for an ocean and if there were something ready and available in this country now I most certainly would be looking at it but if the quality of workmanship was not evident I wouldn't purchase it what I'm trying to say is that I am after the quality of workmanship which unfortunately are German companies at this moment in time.

Just bought something from Germany (not Cali related) and surprise was although a GmbH Deutschland address the item was manufactured in China. Seems China now manufactures for everywhere :shocked

That is unfortunate but it’s a well-made product Brexit or not....soon to become a collector’s item maybe?

Don’t be silly...
It’s a £700 aluminium frame with some slides on...?
I genuinely believe I could supply (small scale) an alternative to these at a much lower cost.

@westfalia is it your dad who runs Calicap de? :D
Ha Ha.
They're 2 different companies. There are actually quite a few offerings of the pull out drawer.
I do remain impartial to any Cali products but here's a few.

And a couple from Swiss for if your hedge fund has done well the last qtr.

And then there will be the Soulstylin one. Price tbc. :D

the point I think missing in all this. political beliefs to one side for a minute here, if a company treats you like a twat, why use that company?
its small price to pay for independence is not having a german drawer
FB I haven’t felt anything less than free and completely British on many trips abroad but have enjoyed being part of the club. I haven’t been treated in any way that might be termed rude or offensive so can only speak from my own experience. I was pretty irked though a while back at being kicked off the delivery list but given the uncertainty facing them as exporters at the time with unknown tariffs etc etc... I understood that it was impossible for them to plan. I like driving my German made van as a ‘Bedford’ didn’t quite cut it and would’ve bought British (natch) as likely a whole lot cheaper but as usual, no one here seems to make this cool bit of kit. In my Coal Board days, I dare say the pit head blacksmith might’ve been able to knock something together but, It’s still pretty robust and not a lot to go wrong frankly ...just wish I had the resources and smarts to make my own!

FB I haven’t felt anything less than free and completely British on many trips abroad but have enjoyed being part of the club. I haven’t been treated in any way that might be termed rude or offensive so can only speak from my own experience. I was pretty irked though a while back at being kicked off the delivery list but given the uncertainty facing them as exporters at the time with unknown tariffs etc etc... I understood that it was impossible for them to plan. I like driving my German made van as a ‘Bedford’ didn’t quite cut it and would’ve bought British (natch) as likely a whole lot cheaper but as usual, no one here seems to make this cool bit of kit. In my Coal Board days, I dare say the pit head blacksmith might’ve been able to knock something together but, It’s still pretty robust and not a lot to go wrong frankly ...just wish I had the resources and smarts to make my own!
Up to you taff.not sure why you had to mention how British you feel. Anyway If a company treats me like I'm a moron or makes jibes about the way a whole country has decided a certain thing regardless of what the customer wants Then I'll manage just fine without their amazing drawer. That's any company by the way. British or european. My opinion not to use them. Bordering on childish that response they gave. They carry on turning customers down. No skin off my nose. Again. Sod em

Last edited:
I bought the Camperx model and is great

That’s great Edgar...glad it worked out for you in the end

Delivery was very prompt. Just be warned that you have to pay VAT if importing from Switzerland

Back