Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Insulation - is there any in your van?

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Poking around at the back of the kitchen cupboards I was surprised to find that there appears to be no insulation at all in our 2015my van.

However, the photo of an earlier van in this thread clearly shows what appears to be glass fibre matting at the back of the cupboards. :confused:

I'm wondering if ours has been missed off, or are they all like that? Maybe the thread poster (Ajspicer) has added it to his van (didn't want to hijack the thread).

It's not a genuine Vw California, he has put Cali bits into a van conversion hence the term used is CALIFORNIAISH

Vw Calis don't have insulation.

By the looks of the door disign it is an early T5 , i don't know for for sure but do not think there evere was insulation there ....
Sure not on my 2012 SE.

It's not a genuine Vw California, he has put Cali bits into a van conversion hence the term used is CALIFORNIAISH

Ok , i was not that far....did found it strange that panel to the left in the wardrobe ,
Only looked at the pic , did not read the post:headbang

Correct. No Insulation and hence no condensation build up nor rusting from the inside out.
That is why we have a heater in the SE as standard, and the internal trim which plays an important part by trapping an insulating air layer to slow down heat loss by convection and conduction.

Ah - it's an improvement on the Cali then :)

I wonder why VW didn't put any insulation in ....

Edit: just seen WG's post so that explains it

Now WG is likeing posts making fun of me....thought we were internetfriends?
Totaly shocked;)

Now WG is likeing posts making fun of me....thought we were internetfriends?
Totaly shocked;)
I didn't mean it personally,:kiss but the name should have given it away. Mind you it might have been de-badged.:rolleyes:

Back