Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Ocean Delivery Delays

In this instance VW are not at fault or liable for things out of their control.
Thanks. But this doesn’t explain why Beaches and Coasts are coming through much quicker than Oceans

Thanks. But this doesn’t explain why Beaches and Coasts are coming through much quicker than Oceans
It could do if the ocean is using a different chip set that is not as freely available..... Just a thought

Are these stories on acquiring chip true! I mean, we heard about the fire in a factory in Japan that supplies these parts. The lockdown closed factories in Germany etc, etc. We ordered a high spec california back in July 20 and with the back lock of work and the COVID lockdown restriction we were told this would delay the delivery from March 21 to August or September 21 then we have had a story of having problems of not being able to source a gearbox transfer box chip. We also have a tow bar on our spec.
We were worried part of the delay might have been the uncertainty of a change to T7 model.
However, we have been told there was no problem with getting a T6.1 and now in March next year.

We were worried part of the delay might have been the uncertainty of a change to T7 model.
However, we have been told there was no problem with getting a T6.1 and now in March next year.
You ordered in July 20, and expect delivery in March 22?!

You ordered in July 20, and expect delivery in March 22?!
Yes. that is what they have said, why does it seem odd, my initial date was pencilled in as February 2021 but I was not expecting anything until about March or April but then all went pear shaped due to the restriction and lockdown which I could well understand but did not expect a delay of over a year.

Yes. that is what they have said, why does it seem odd, my initial date was pencilled in as February 2021 but I was not expecting anything until about March or April but then all went pear shaped due to the restriction and lockdown which I could well understand but did not expect a delay of over a year.
I haven't heard of a longer delivery time, in the UK anyway, for an Ocean than about 14 months, so you 20 is bad luck. Or perhaps that's normal in Gibraltar?
My order October 21 - delivery October 22 (fingers crossed) seems to have been hit by bad luck and is months longer than many Oceans here. I'm sure I'll never get to the bottom of why...

Well this is just it, we will never get to the real truth about delays. I know the factory has always taken long as I think the conversion is done by hand and I can understand that all this COVID business has not helped at all. The bit that gets me is the difficulty in finding this chip. But then again one has to go with what they tell us. But all in all, I think it is worth the wait.

Anyone had a recent delivery? We have been waiting 14 months now...

Hopefullyour new Ocean should be ready for collection towards the end of next week. It arrived at the dealership yesterday. We ordered ours on 1 Sept 21.

Back