Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California stolen!☹️

How awful for you - we have had our lovely Cali for just a few months and I have been debating whether to or not to get one, but have now decided I must buy a Disklock...
Gosh, defo get a steering lock as a minimum.

Joyriders don’t take Californias, Professionals do and if they really want it they will take it. They take to Order.
Trackers can be blocked and scanned for or it disappears inside a container.
Anything electronic that can be fitted can be overcome in some way if necessary.
If it has a lock then it can be picked or overcome in some other way, but most commonly keys are used.
Good quality Insurance must be the first priority and this may not be the cheapest.

Hiding keys isn’t always necessarily a good thing to do.
If they want it they will come for it. If they can’t find the keys then they will either trash the house trying to find them or find you until you tell them. Not trying to scare monger but it’s happened to a mate with a standard T6 two weeks ago. Not pleasant.

Thanks again for the comments, Welshgas and Volkywagen are spot on.
All the normal precautions were taken but to no avail.

Thanks again for the comments, Welshgas and Volkywagen are spot on.
All the normal precautions were taken but to no avail.
So you still not told us how they did it ....
Why don't you say if they break in the window , steal the keys from your pocket , break in the house and found keys , just towed it away ,.....?
What action is your insurance taking now?

So you still not told us how they did it ....
Why don't you say if they break in the window , steal the keys from your pocket , break in the house and found keys , just towed it away ,.....?

I know this is selective quoting, but it does appear that keys were used to take the vehicle.

Welshgas and Volkywagen are spot on.
Hiding keys isn’t always necessarily a good thing to do.
most commonly keys are used.

might help to know what colour it is

I think we need an etiquette guide for these 'my Cali has been stolen' posts.....
1) you give us lots of info... Colour, wheels, bike rack, reg plate etc
2) we keep our eyes peeled for you and report sighting here and the police
3) the OP reports back, tells us how it was stolen, what's the police / insurance process was like.
4) process repeats because its worth it.

Just saw a dark grey Ocean on the back of a rescue truck. Sevenoaks at 09:15. Driver's window had been smashed.
Couldn't see the reg through all the traffic.

Back