Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California's 30 Years

OK so that rules out Switzerland but the other EU countries should be easy until Brexit.

It´s not as easy from swiss,
You have to pay the swiss customs about 10% of the price of the vehicle then
when you get it back you must pay the VAT on it.
If i was to do one, before i could get the paperwork in german they want to
see that the customs have been paid.
Of course i´m only talking about swiss to germany.
So you have to pay Swiss taxes, then customs ( is this export tax?) then VAT on top in Germany or are you talking about purchasing tax free from Switzerland for export?

i think vw have rolled the albino ones out to impress quickly. Marketing at its best.
The colour edition models are another marketing ploy - mine is near enough exactly the same (i opted out of the chrome as not keen) for less, so you dont get a lot more for your buck really.

So you have to pay Swiss taxes, then customs ( is this export tax?) then VAT on top in Germany or are you talking about purchasing tax free from Switzerland for export?
From what i was lead to believe Larry, was that the customs charge was a kind
of export tax and if i brought a vehicle to germany i would have to pay
the VAT in germany on top.
It was quite some time ago, i lost interest quickly.

"Beach Liberty" Models available in Switzerland...

Anybody heard of the Beach Liberty?

I decided to get a quote from a Belgian dealer for a 150 DSG 4Motion Ocean Red fully specced up with VW DISC Wheels. It came in at a very reasonable £53,070.92 GBP

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

It would seem they have specced an equivalent Ocean rather than the actual special edition though.

I have asked by email....

It would seem to be free delivery within the EU as well...:cheers

Hello Gary,

It is not the Ocean RED model. I cannot deliver that at a good price at this moment.

Kind regards,

Cordialement,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Martijn Siegers

+31 6 3456 1759

martijn@mycalifornia.eu

www.mycalifornia.eu

www.mycalifornia.nl

logo.png

TBH if the gross figures of £66,338.65 are correct then its not too bad for a fully loaded Red Ed.

They are correct for the posted equivalent of a RED not an actual RED but an Ocean with same Wheels/Canopy/Options etc.

A fake like mine lol.

yes, i was going to say, similar to mine but without the wheels! (im not a fan of them but each to their own) :)

Yeah you need the Chrome Pack/Triple Chrome Grille as well as the DISC wheels (and Black Awning) for the RED look lol ;-) (Not sure if you have a Red Roof tent)

:upsidedown:pinkbanana:bananadance2:Iamsorry

Ive got the triple chrome grille and the red bellows. wasn't keen on the chrome at the time but now i see others more, im tempted. Its booked in for the trapezoidal side bars soon, so i may have the pack added as well, but still unsure as the wallet says....NOOOOOO :stop:eek::Depressed

Chrome is a must but it matches the Chrome DISC Wheels its all or nothing I reckon EEEK...:

RED.jpg

RED9.jpg

I think I would swap the side bars which look ineffective and "added on" and get the factory chrome pack.:Iamsorry

bars.jpg

How difficult would it be to buy one via Switzerland dealership? Coast Edition works out at about £38.5K basic. Cool.
I paid £41.5k for my 2011 brand new, 180, top alloys, fully loaded. Now a similar model is £60k+. This equates to a 50% increase. Having looked at the new model this weekend, I cannot see where the 50% increase comes from. Poor value in my mind, particularly given some of the problems.. Luckily I had no rust/roof problems, but would be gutted if I had to battle with VW after having spent £60k+ !!!

Back